I.D. Fairchild State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I.D. Fairchild State Park

Daughter was drawn for hunt, has anybody been here before?

Nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by porkrind View Post
      Nobody?
      I hunted it with my oldest son about 4/5 years ago. They have assigned blinds which the kids draw for. They take you to/from the stands each hunt. Staff was awesome and moved kids if they weren't seeing anything.

Thick pine forest and most of the stands are on logging roads. They actually tried doing food plots the year we hunted but they didn't take very well. They also said they had been pre-baiting each stand as well. The youth hunt is the only hunt they have so deer didn't seem too scared of the stands.

Most kids saw deer and success rate was pretty high BUT that was the last year before they implemented AR restrictions on the hunt. Several young bucks were shot which I think the biologist wasn't too happy about. Not sure why because they were legal and it was a youth hunt.... Anyway, we enjoyed the hunt and best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
        I hunted it with my oldest son about 4/5 years ago. They have assigned blinds which the kids draw for. They take you to/from the stands each hunt. Staff was awesome and moved kids if they weren't seeing anything.

Thick pine forest and most of the stands are on logging roads. They actually tried doing food plots the year we hunted but they didn't take very well. They also said they had been pre-baiting each stand as well. The youth hunt is the only hunt they have so deer didn't seem too scared of the stands.

Most kids saw deer and success rate was pretty high BUT that was the last year before they implemented AR restrictions on the hunt. Several young bucks were shot which I think the biologist wasn't too happy about. Not sure why because they were legal and it was a youth hunt.... Anyway, we enjoyed the hunt and best of luck.
        Thanks for the info! She's pretty excited.

Comment

Working...
        X