Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Scooter Tower Boat Build

Aluminum Scooter Tower Boat Build

Going to build an aluminum Scooter and rig it with a redfish tower.

The hull is .125 5052 H32. The stringers and bracing will be .125 6061T6 1x2 and 1x1 square tube.

Building the whole thing out of my garage with basic hand tools and a Lincoln square wave tig 200.

Oh and I’m already actually finished with it and already running it duck hunting and fishing. I didn’t have time to post as I was building it so just start now with the progress pictures.
    Attached Files

In for the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Laying out the profile.
      Attached Files

Comment

Step back and eyeball it. Dotted lines or go with the current cut? Decisions, decision.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cut both sides out and Crowned the main stringers. Welded 2” pipe along the front, tacked the stringers to the pipe and pressed them from the ceiling with my “helper” as I welded them in place to curve the bow of the hull. Bending a 6’ wide sheet of aluminum by hand wasn’t going to happen so I employed this method with pretty good results.
          Attached Files

Comment

In for this. Thats freakin awesome that you built a boat in your garage from scratch!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sides on, some bracing in, and the tunnel fabbed up. I ran all the bracing for and aft instead of side to side to ovoid the rippling and denting effect that you see in other boats that have the stringers side to side.
              Attached Files

Comment

In!!!!!

Comment

Love scooter boats. How tall a tower did you put on it. Really want to put a tower on my 16ft majek skiff

Comment

Added the pontoon boxes while I had it flipped over.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A little rusty but it’s like riding a bike right?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Man this is gonna be awesome! Just out of curiosity, why not put the pontoons flush with the bottom of the hull?

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
                          Love scooter boats. How tall a tower did you put on it. Really want to put a tower on my 16ft majek skiff
                          I can’t give that away yet. Haha, but your Majek would do just fine with a medium height tower.

Comment

A little rusty? Are you calling that a little rusty?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              Man this is gonna be awesome! Just out of curiosity, why not put the pontoons flush with the bottom of the hull?
                              They are only about 1/4” to 3/8” difference from the bottom of the hull and I was thinking they would act as somewhat of a trim tab as the water came off the bottom of the main hull and help lift the boat as the water and trapped air came into contact with them. That’s the idea anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X