6.7L diesel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.7L diesel question

Which year did Ford start really getting the 6.7L diesel right?

Thanks for any input.

Ive heard 2013 and after. I like the 2014's and up because of the interior.

Comment

I got 2012. 111k miles still going strong. I deleted it at 30k though.

Comment

My 2015 is a pos, 138k. Can't keep it out of the shop, think I just got lucky with the problem aspect though lol. But the 2012 I had before this one was a beast loved that truck .

Comment

2011 had a couple issues but not many. 2012 and up your good to go!

Comment

maybe by 2020. I've always had the same question. They'll probably change something sooner or later and have problems again.

Comment

I have a 2015, its freaking amazing.

Comment

2011 here. 140k miles. Had exhaust sensors go out once that left me on the side of the road but other than that it's been good.

Comment

My 2011 is a piece of ***X. Been in the shop more than both my 7.3s. Only has 104,000 miles. Problems with A/C, exhaust gas sensors- 4, ball joints need replacing, trac bar replaced ( death wobble ), diesel exhaust tank issue's, vacuum hose and more. Would I buy another 6.7, yes I would, but will wait until the 2017s are out.

Comment

2013 and 2014 is what my buddy who owns a transmission shop told me.

Comment

I have a 14 with 100k, been a great truck.

Comment

Ford got the 6.7 right in 2010.

Comment

Both my '12 and my '15 have been good motors... the turbo in the '15 is better than the '12

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            Ford got the 6.7 right in 2010.
                            Boy that must have been tricky as they did not come out till 2011!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                              Both my '12 and my '15 have been good motors... the turbo in the '15 is better than the '12
                              Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              Boy that must have been tricky as they did not come out till 2011!
                              hehehe

The 2011 and up 6.7 was a huge improvement over the old 6.0 and 6.4 versions. The truck is better in every way over the previous models.

Ride is better, quiet, allsome interior function (if you are a computer expert), great power and they seemed to fix the engine head issues and wanting to burn coolant.

I am not a fan of the DEF crud but other than that they finally made a move up over the good ole' 7.3.

Comment

Working...
                              X