Air Bags on a 1/2 Ton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Bags on a 1/2 Ton?

I'm driving a 2016 F150 with the 5.0 and when I pull my SXS it really squats the tail end. It doesn't have a problem doing the pulling I just don't like the sag. Have any of you guys had air bags put on a 1/2 ton for this reason?

I have some Firestone bags on the back of my 2012 F150 5.0. Got them for pulling our travel trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post
      I have some Firestone bags on the back of my 2012 F150 5.0. Got them for pulling our travel trailer.
      Any downsides?

Comment

I have AirLift bags in my Tundra.
        No downsides.

Comment

Airlift here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

No downsides. Easy to install

Comment

I just put some firestone on wife's 1/2. HUGE difference when pulling our 21 foot bay boat. No more bounce and easier on the torsion axles of the trailer.

Pretty easy to install. I went 5000 but could have gone smaller. I only run 15 or 20lbs and they'll handle 100. Also opted out of on board air mostly due to cost. No more air than the run a bicycle pump can handle it quick.

Ordered from sdtrucksprings.com
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 04-24-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

About the only downside if you truck see serious offroad use... Bags will limit travel or over-extend and tear. Really doesn't affect 95% of 4wd truck owners.

My last 1/2 ton had deaver springs in the rear with bags and cups so the bags aren't solid on the axle mount. It worked okay but still limited suspension travel in the rear so I made the bags themselves "quick release" which worked great. I could pull them off in about 20 min. I towed more than I beat on my truck so they stayed on most of the time.

Comment

I have firestone bags in the rear of my Dodge 1500 5.7. I bought it used and it had them already. I don't use them a lot as my trailer and SXS don't squat the rear of my truck hardly any. The only time I used them was when I hauled my SXS, riding mower, and 110 gallons of water from Lufkin to Crystal City. That load squatted my truck pretty good, but when I put 30 PSI in the bags it leveled up the rear and it towed great.

Comment

I bought air bags for the Yukon and they are fantastic. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain C View Post
                      I bought air bags for the Yukon and they are fantastic. Highly recommend.
                      What brand?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        What brand?
                        Firestone. I have the system with the gauge and compressor to control it from the inside.

Comment

Yup, had airbags on my f150 for towing. Worked like a charm

Comment

Checkout Timbren Springs

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                              Checkout Timbren Springs
                              Do you have these on your vehicle?

Comment

Working...
                              X