RV generator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV generator question

I bought a 3500 inverter generator and it has an upgraded 15,000 A/C on it. The generator works fine for a little until it gets real hot outside or if you turn anything else on?
    My question is can you run a parallel generator of lesser output like a 2,000 or do they have to be equal output? Of course I would use the parallel box.

I don't believe that will work. Look at putting a soft start capacitor on the AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
      I don't believe that will work. Look at putting a soft start capacitor on the AC.
      This.

Comment

Make sure your water heater is on gas. That’s what got me last year. The first chance I get I’m trading mine for a 5500w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

You can run 2 inverter generators of difference sizes in parallel. But as mention previous, check for other things running on Electric. " Water Heater, Refrigerator, Converter, Etc.

Is is 3500 running watts or starting watts?

Comment

Here is what the newer RV or toy hauler are doing . My 4K unit so when you have hot water fridge on electric and fire the A/C it switchs over to gas . i had a issue with the gen set the day i picked it up . They had to upgrade the tanks to 30's vs the 20's etc .. Without a doubt get the other items off the gen set . As well did you check the altitude setting on the carb ??

And I do not think you can run two in parallel unless they are the same manufacture ..synchronization is often only possible if the manufacturers are the same. I am on a RV forum and this come up all the time . HONDA TO HONDA yep you get the idea .. I am not the end all be ll with this just stating what I have read and the people doing it know a heck more than me .. as the conversation gets very technical quick on the how an why

Comment

That helps. I’m new to the RV world so I’m a little dumb yet but catching on. When I get home this week I’ll check it out. My RV is a Passport 2920bh and the ac was upgraded to a 15,000.

Comment

Well some tell you up front what can be run together and other cannot.. But if yours can buy the same brand and piggy back a smaller one to it. Run the small one for anything but the AC would be my suggestion ... List brand of 3500 you bought

Comment

Don't want to steal the thread but I have one question. I have 2- 3K watt champion inverter generators. How do you use them together to run the camper? Or how do you split for one to run the ac and one to run the rest? Thanks.

Comment

Champion’s Parallel Kit increases your power by connecting two 2800-watt or higher inverter generators. Quickly and easily installed without tools, this kit includes circuit breakers plus 120V 30A locking and 120V 50A RV outlets with enough power to start and run two 15,000 BTU RV air conditioners.

This should be it but I would call to make sure .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                          https://www.championpowerequipment.c...-parallel-kit/

This should be it but I would call to make sure .
                          Do not think mind have those plugs to connect to the kit.

Comment

Is it an inverter type ?? I have only delt with newer units and its pretty simple.. Quick call to them would let you know ..

Single phase is an issue , if its a 3 phase you can buy a phase box and wire it in..

Sorry cannot help you much further I built my own but not dealing with the same type

Comment

Mine is a Predator 3500 from harbor Freight.

Comment

Working...
                              X