Deer cleaning station cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer cleaning station cost

What do you guys think it would cost to build exactly this setup. Take equipment/concrete/electricity/plumbing/lights out of price. I’m just looking for the price of the bldg itself. I’m thinking the dimensions are around 24x24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DIY probably 4k

Comment

No idea but looks like a fun project

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
        DIY probably 4k
        Looking at it on my phone and can’t tell for sure it that is cedar. If so, $4k may be reasonable for DIY. If using pressure treated I think you could do it for around 3K. Admittedly, I do not know if the metal roofing has gone up substantially since the tariffs. No idea what a contractor would charge to build it for you. I could pay three framers $700-800 or so and get roof done for $850 for labor only. Contractor would probably charge three times this amount.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Looking at it on my phone and can’t tell for sure it that is cedar. If so, $4k may be reasonable for DIY. If using pressure treated I think you could do it for around 3K. Admittedly, I do not know if the metal roofing has gone up substantially since the tariffs. No idea what a contractor would charge to build it for you. I could pay three framers $700-800 or so and get roof done for $850 for labor only. Contractor would probably charge three times this amount.

Good deal
          I appreciate guys

Comment

Why don't you ( gut them) quarter them in the field. Then place in cooler in truck, transport back home and place in cooler, fridge, freezer ( whatever you use). That way you don't have the mess to deal with at camp ( home) the meat cools down quicker, easier to handle. Save your self a lot of cash, no clean up, and no mess at the house camp to deal with. But, that is a great looking cleaning shed, and I would guess with the walk in cooler and stuff you would be very well over 10,000.00, and maybe pushing 20,000.00. Building itself, I would guess 6,000.00- 8,000.00, if not doing it your self.
            Last edited by critter69; 06-23-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              Why don't you ( gut them) quarter them in the field. Then place in cooler in truck, transport back home and place in cooler, fridge, freezer ( whatever you use). That way you don't have the mess to deal with at camp ( home) the meat cools down quicker, easier to handle. Save your self a lot of cash, no clean up, and no mess at the house camp to deal with. But, that is a great looking cleaning shed, and I would guess with the walk in cooler and stuff you would be very well over 10,000.00, and maybe pushing 20,000.00. Building itself, I would guess 6,000.00- 8,000.00, if not doing it your self.

Because we go on a doe patrol a couple times a year and it will be 10 doe a trip and I don’t have time to clean them all. So I’m wanting to gut them all and put them in freezer until we are ready to give them away or take what we want home. We usually take home a doe a piece on each trip but when you have that qty it’s tough. And this is at our private property and not on a deer lease so it would be nice to do all the processing/packaging there at the ranch instead of bringing it home and messing with it. Another thing is we don’t have ice anywhere’s around since gas stations are 30 minutes away so I’m going to get an ice machine as well.

Comment

I would say on a cheap end 2,500 and high 4,000. Depending on roofing material 4X6 Pressure treated wood or steel pipe or 4 X6. May check with some of the steel building suppliers like Muller,Metal Depot,Triple S Steel and see if they have any discounted metal for Roofing at a discount

Comment

15k minimum with the walk in cooler included.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    Because we go on a doe patrol a couple times a year and it will be 10 doe a trip and I don’t have time to clean them all. So I’m wanting to gut them all and put them in freezer until we are ready to give them away or take what we want home. We usually take home a doe a piece on each trip but when you have that qty it’s tough. And this is at our private property and not on a deer lease so it would be nice to do all the processing/packaging there at the ranch instead of bringing it home and messing with it. Another thing is we don’t have ice anywhere’s around since gas stations are 30 minutes away so I’m going to get an ice machine as well.

When you get that ice machine remember the water. I do some work for a hunting operation and every one or two years I have to replace the fill valve due to freezing. Last fall I go to look at one of the walk in coolers and they had replaced the ice machine and built a foam insulated room around it.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                      When you get that ice machine remember the water. I do some work for a hunting operation and every one or two years I have to replace the fill valve due to freezing. Last fall I go to look at one of the walk in coolers and they had replaced the ice machine and built a foam insulated room around it.

Good to know
                      Thx for insight

Comment

Mmmmm

Bout tree fiddy

Comment

Working...
                        X