Which Camera would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Camera would you recommend?

In 2001 I got a Sony DVR730 (?) Digital 8 video camera. It had a full 35mm lens and the night shot feature was fantastic. I took some awesome night time hog hunt videos with it. I got an extended life battery that would last 5 hours. It took very good pictures. I really liked it and so did the burgler who broke into my house in 2004. I then got what I thought was new version of the same camera. It was a Sony HC85 mini DV and about a third smaller. So was the lens and the night shot pictures were not nearly as good. Also the longest play battery I could get was supposedly for 90 minutes but it was doing good to last 30. I really didn't like it very much but the person who broke into my truck 4th of July weekend did. (He also liked 2 of my bows)The insurance company replaced it with a Sony DCR HC90 mini DV. This things abount the size of my fist, Has a lens about the size of a quarter and a tiny little battery. Its handy but so small it really difficult to use.

I really liked the low light performance on my original camera. What would you recommend?

I got a JVC 370 b/c of the 32X optical zoom (couldnt find one that had better).

We'll see when I go to Bar E first weekend in Nov.

Comment

Rattler, let me know how the camera works and how your trip goes. I'm going to the Bar-E the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Rattler have yo utried it out around the house yet? I think that is the same one I am getting on Friday. Any info would be great.

Comment

The JVC 370 is a great camera and the zoom rocks. You will need a tripod or camera arm if you are going to use the zoom beyond 15x or so.

The Canon Elura 100 is another great camera in the same price range.

Comment

No I havent tried it yet....The wife dosent know about my "little" purchase!

I will let you know how it performs at the Bar E! Hopefully with some arra smackin highlights!

Comment

Working...
            X