Bay City update ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
    How is it in cedar lane? I have family on 2540 just down from you. Wondering how bad their house is going to be.
    I'm fine. Not sure how 2540 is doing. I'm going to make some rounds tomorrow.

Comment

River here in Wharton right now is around 40ft not even close to flood stage yet. Hard to believe river in Bay City is overflowing. It has been raining for 19 hours straight here though.

Comment

My uncle was cruising around town, all the water standing yesterday was from rain and has drained. He said no flooding anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't take much to look up the Colorado River at La Grange to see what's coming. Y'all be careful. Save the irreplaceable things, like lives.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            My uncle was cruising around town, all the water standing yesterday was from rain and has drained. He said no flooding anywhere.

Is the 10ft of water from the river in downtown Bay City a hoax? I haven't heard anything about this.

Comment

The numbers dwindled because the storm is moving more east.

They're claiming the Colorado will crest at 48' on Thursday. I don't know what that means for Bay City...

The original projections had Harvey coming back for round 2 but it looks like it was a little more forgiving than they anticipated.

Comment

Receding at my parents off 521 in Wadsworth

Comment

Family members were able to drive in to bay city. They are critical staff so thats the only reason they got past road blocks.

Edit- Bay City's mayor has lifted the mandatory evacuation for BC and looks like the Matagorda one has been lifted too.
                  Last edited by texaspyro21; 08-29-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Is the 10ft of water from the river in downtown Bay City a hoax? I haven't heard anything about this.
                    I don't think it was a hoax but a gross overreaction. I could be wrong though. Projected to rise 7 more feet.

Comment

I was in bay city this morning picking up a company truck just in case. It was wetter in Wharton Jan it was in bay city

Comment

Working...
                      X