Single Stack .45 for (CC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Stack .45 for (CC)

i don't necessarily need a 45 for carry, but i sure think i want one.

my mind is almost made up on the XDs....( looked but not shot )

i also got to check out the Glock 36.( also looked only) internet searches have also found me the Karh CW/PM and the Sig P250 Sub.

can anyone who owns one of these or has fired one give me some feedback ?

or, if you have any other recommendations for a thin/narrow 45 for carry.

i'm 6'4" / 195#, pretty much straight up, so i'm trying to get away from bulk.

thanks fellas

Xds is a fine machine. Shoots fine too, its a wrist buster. I'll dig it out in a min and take some pics with my glock for comparison.

Comment

Xds is compared to a glock 26 9mm
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for posting those pics !

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
          thanks for posting those pics !
          No prob it may not look like a lot in size comparison, but you can really feel the difference in your hand.

Comment

Just going to throw out there to avoid the p-250. I had one and was not a fan.

Still love sig though

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
              No prob it may not look like a lot in size comparison, but you can really feel the difference in your hand.
              i found a review yesterday who compared the xds and the glock 36 from a-z.

one of the negatives to the xds were the checkered grip being compared to holding a handfull of dull razor blades when shooting. any comment on that?

Comment

I have the Glock 36 and it is pretty easy to conceal. I don't carry it in the summer too much. If I am wearing shorts with a belt I will, otherwise I carry my LCP.
                Have never shot the XD. The Glock is real smooth to shoot and not too much recoil, however due to the short barrel......it is a loud sum gun.

Comment

i just got an xds. Love it. same size almost exactly as my beretta nano 9mm. i highly recommend them! this is my 5th and probly last ccw

rick

Comment

i thought i wouldnt like the grips but they dont bother me at all

rick

Comment

I have both a 36 and an xds. and I love both. I'll post pics of the 2 side by side here in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                        i found a review yesterday who compared the xds and the glock 36 from a-z.

one of the negatives to the xds were the checkered grip being compared to holding a handfull of dull razor blades when shooting. any comment on that?
                        To be honest I never notice that, But I've only fired a couple mags at a time through it. I could see that happening if you sat all day busting off rounds. I would make it a top priority to buy a extended mag. To me it's a little uncomfortable with my pinky hanging off.

Comment

I have the Kahr PM45 and LOVE it. Very easy to conceal. Recoil is not as bad as you would think with such a small and light gun. The grip is thinner than the G36, therefore easier to hold on to. Only downfall is they are not cheap. I have owned Glocks and a XDm .40. I will own more glocks, but for CCW...Kahr

Comment

I hear good things about the XD that would be my choice!

Comment

x2 on the 36 and i love it

Comment

Working...
                              X