Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chl poll...Do you carry with a round chambered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911 cock and lock seconds count

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Good for you......what else could it mean?
      Dang cropdust, do you know all these people you are calling out? It seems that if youre this hot tempered and quick to the trigger than its a dang good thing your gun aint hot!

And I mean that in a friendly way!
      Last edited by Heckmonkey; 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: Trust me I come in peace!

Comment

Yes better to be ready.And I would rather be judged by a court than carried to my grave!

Comment

Yes

Comment

Always loaded.

Comment

If a round isn't chambered, you might as well be carrying around a rock...

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                I have to admit.

I'm a law breaker.

I own a safe.

But I also have a mossberg attached to my bedframe with a kydex encased magnet.

It's always there.

But I do have to chamber a round when I reach for it.

I want something I can access quickly. I'll forfit the split second it takes to get a shell in the chamber because while I trust my kids, I don't trust their friends.

Pistols are usually in the safe but every now and then one lingers on a counter. Mag full but nothing in the chamber.

I'll carry hot but if the weapon is off me where others can pick it up when I'm not watching, it's at minimum going to be without a live round in the chamber. Of course, my main infraction (in my distorted opinion) is not shooting often enough.

My safe is mainly for safe queens.
                Big difference between carrying loaded and having it in the vicinity but not having eyes on it.

Comment

Always chambered.

Comment

1911 - Condition 1

Comment

I'm too old and slow to rack the slide, condition one for me.

Comment

I like to carry with one in the chamber but none in the magazine. Then I can demonstrate my speed at reloading if it ever comes to crunch time.

Comment

Glock 27 .40 and shes HOT!!

Comment

Hot when carrying and under mattress. Others locked in a gun safe.
                            Anytime we are around kids and gun is not on my person, like at a relatives house, gun is emptied/hidden on top shelf of a closet and mag is hidden in my wifes purse.

Comment

You might as well carry condition FIFE if you dont have one in the chamber. Just carry one single round in your pocket, should something go down you can then load the round and chamber it all while using extreme caution and situational awareness.

Comment

Yes. Pretty sure the criminals do too.

Comment

Working...
                                X