Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

I want to get my little sister out for her first deer hunt in the morning, but on the fence based on her shooting. Here is her 4 shots she just took. Shooting at 30 yards on a shooting stick. Our furhtest shot would be 25 yards. Whatcha think??
    Attached Files

I'd let her

Comment

If nothing will be past 25, let her rip one. If you're really on the fence, give her a shotgun with buckshot. Pretty hard not to kill em at that range with a shotgun. It'll fold a deer up like a cheap lawn chair

Comment

I guess I'm gonna be the ******* and say no. Buck fever will exponentially spread that "group" out and its already suspect. Have you made sure the gun is on yourself? If I am being honest she needs more time on the range than just 4 shots on a whim the day before. A wounded animal for a first deer is not something either of you would probably want.

Comment

Go for it! The ol timers would say if you could hit a pie plate you could kill a deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I guess I'm gonna be the ******* and say no. Buck fever will exponentially spread that "group" out and its already suspect. Have you made sure the gun is on yourself? If I am being honest she needs more time on the range than just 4 shots on a whim the day before. A wounded animal for a first deer is not something either of you would probably want.

I agree. As much as I am a fan of getting young folks....especially girls...(see my daughter in my avatar)....I’d like to see her get more comfortable with her weapon before taking a shot at a deer. Bad experience if she hits it, but can’t recover it.

Comment

Get her a better rest.

Comment

I wouldn't let my daughter shoot an animal until she could hold a 2" pattern at 100 yards with a rifle.

Comment

Get a grocery sack 1/3 full of dirt to use as a rest and then make sure she's comfortable in the blind. If this is a blind hunt, she will already have 2 forms of stabilization (chair and window), as opposed to shooting with only sticks. Be prepared to "help her out," if the shot's not perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                    Get a grocery sack 1/3 full of dirt to use as a rest and then make sure she's comfortable in the blind. If this is a blind hunt, she will already have 2 forms of stabilization (chair and window), as opposed to shooting with only sticks. Be prepared to "help her out," if the shot's not perfect.
                    Ditto. Just do the best you can. Good luck.
                    How did it turnout?

Comment

Make sure of a solid rest

Comment

Working...
                      X