hunting hogs at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting hogs at night

Since my three boys do most of the deer killing in the family I have turned my attention to the hogs. I don't want to sit in the dark all night over a feeder with hopes that they come in. I have driven around scouting on my ranger and truck but I think that just spooks them. What methods have you tried that works best?

Feed Roads and then either drive/Walk around.

Comment

Are you planning on using a gun or bow ?

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
        Are you planning on using a gun or bow ?
        gun with night vision

Comment

Thermal.... It is worth it.

Save your pennies and get a pulsar. You will not regret it.

Comment

Thermal. Best $6500 I have spent. Made $2500+ back in a year and a half from landowners and other things from it

Comment

Sniper hog headlamp with the red filter. i drive around with no headlight and just scan with my headlamp.

Comment

Be a man! Leave the lights in your pocket, corn the road, then stalk them piggies by moonlight! It a pucker like no other! Not always but my favorite way to chase pigs with stick and string. I can't can't do it without thinking about Rusty at Brushy Hill.

Comment

Get a night light for your feeder and use your bow. It's a blast and sometimes you will get multiple shots in one sit. That's when the big ones come out anyway. I can remember more than once when I slung all 4 arrows in my quiver.

Comment

A thermal scope and a suppressed semi auto rifle is the best way to kill pigs at night.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      A thermal scope and a suppressed semi auto rifle is the best way to kill pigs at night.
                      Hands down. Even over running dogs.

Comment

The best way to hunt them at night is to just wait until you hear the dogs bay and then go to them.....

-john

Comment

We use a handheld thermal, flir, then stalk using a LED red flashlight.
                          We find travel routes during the day , as well as the fields they are feeding in at night, then hit them up at night with the light.

Comment

Feeder lights, sniper light on your bow. Feed roads and wait and sneak back up the road. As well as sneaking into different feeders if you don’t wanna just sit at one and wait

Comment

Without selling a few toys I just couldn't afford a thermal now. I have a 6.5 Grendel that I am looking at putting a decent digital night vision scope on. I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to just wait and buy the thermal when I save a few dollars

Comment

Working...
                              X