Power Pole 8 or 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Pole 8 or 10?

I’ve got a new boat on the way, and I have pretty much made up my mind to go with the 10’ blade. I fish the coast often but also fish Conroe/Rayburn/Toledo equally as much. Last couple times out on Galveston Bay we have wished we had 10’ (currently have a single 8).

Reason for the post is I want to know if anyone out there has 10’s and regrets it? Anyone feel like they get in the way when not deployed? I’ve heard they rattle some in rough water; has this been significant to you?

Door height is not a concern.

Thanks in advance.

Following

Comment

I have a 10' blade on my center console and I am glad I picked it over the 8'

Comment

the 10's are overly flexible. the best thing I did was put an ipilot on the boat. I can "power pole" in 250 feet of water off shore with it, holding in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
          I’ve got a new boat on the way, and I have pretty much made up my mind to go with the 10’ blade. I fish the coast often but also fish Conroe/Rayburn/Toledo equally as much. Last couple times out on Galveston Bay we have wished we had 10’ (currently have a single 8).

Reason for the post is I want to know if anyone out there has 10’s and regrets it? Anyone feel like they get in the way when not deployed? I’ve heard they rattle some in rough water; has this been significant to you?

Door height is not a concern.

Thanks in advance.

Go with the longer power pole and dont look back...You will not regret having the extra 2 foot option when anchoring

Comment

I have a talon 8, but I fish ulm exclusively. If.I fished.anywhere.else.id.get a 10

Comment

I have an 8' and have never wished I had 2 more foot of Power Pole lol. No need for me to use it in that depth of water in the bays I fish.

But if you have a need for it go for it.

Comment

I have an 8 power pole. 60% of my fishing is shallow enough for that. The rest a 10 wouldn't reach and I roll the ipilot

Seems I heard talon was offering a 15 now?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I have an 8 power pole. 60% of my fishing is shallow enough for that. The rest a 10 wouldn't reach and I roll the ipilot

Seems I heard talon was offering a 15 now?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  This...there were times I used to wish I had the 10's but after getting the Ultrex w/I-pilot if the 8 won't reach I just hit spot lock.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    the 10's are overly flexible. the best thing I did was put an ipilot on the boat. I can "power pole" in 250 feet of water off shore with it, holding in one place.
                    Do you have the 2nd gen? In my experience with the 1st gen model I have not been impressed, but I’ve heard the new models are much improved.

Comment

8ft. on my boat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                        Do you have the 2nd gen? In my experience with the 1st gen model I have not been impressed, but I’ve heard the new models are much improved.
                        no, I've always used the 8 foot blades on my boats. I have fished with other people that use the 10's, and most went back to the 8's. I have never used a gen 2 though in all fairness.

Comment

I guess it really depends on how deep you fish and how rough it is. I have a 8 ft and like it. If you wade fish alot I can't see buying the 10 ft . As said in this post spot lock is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JAFO View Post
                            Go with the longer power pole and dont look back...You will not regret having the extra 2 foot option when anchoring
                            I hear those talons get frozen in place and malfunction if you don't use them enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                              I hear those talons get frozen in place and malfunction if you don't use them enough.
                              Ive been running mine for 5 years and replaced the clutch once before I figured out that you can tighten it. Ive had it all apart and dont see any way it can get stuck. The reason I chose the talon is my boat has no compartments for the hydraulic pump on a power pole.

Comment

Working...
                              X