Payroll check bounced...advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions.

You ever bounce a check? I have. It does happen.
    I asked that to ellicit you to consider a different perspective.
    I don't know this company. I'm not defending them or trying to say what they did is right.

Do you have access relationship with this employer? Ie been there 2 weeks and this is happening?

Me?
    Is meet with HT or maybe payroll department with the check or a copy of it on Monday. See each they have to say.
    Even if it wasn't too my satisfaction I'd work my scheduled shifts.
    If the final outcome want to my looking I'd put my notice in. If it happened again. It follow same process and put my notice in regardless.

Crap happens.
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-25-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

What do you call a “large operation?”

Is this a publicly owned company or privately owned?

They could be having financial problems, or it just may have been a snafu. Have you called the bank the check was drawn on?

Comment

Privately owned. Been working there for around 14 months.

Hundreds of employees

Well known that this place is having financial problems.

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll call HR on Monday. I posted this within minutes of opening the envelope from my bank with the returned check

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did anyone else have that problem or was it just you?

Comment

Originally posted by Schubert6689 View Post
            Did anyone else have that problem or was it just you?
            Seems like it was just me

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
              Seems like it was just me

that makes it even more odd...how are others getting paid and just yours bounces, twice...same bank you deposited in? I wonder if it was that bank and or their system that's screwing up...once, ok...twice?....very odd situation that ends up costing you the account holder/worker monetarily responsible for any fees incurred....sucky deal for sure...

Comment

I would have loved to have been in your shoes when told that policies would be enforced. I would have asked the person that said that just how much weight those policies carry if keeping your job means working for free.

Comment

No idea. But I wouldn't work if my checks bounced. They can fire me. I'll find another job just like I found that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    I hope it's just a clerical error but yes; you can be held accountable for failing to show up at work.

BS
                    Not with bounced checks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Had that happen with a small company I worked for about 40 employees home health luckily I was part time...happened and the bank called me. Bad thing is I would do the same thing and stack my checks until I had a few of them and go take them to the bank. Company ended up closing but the owner was a good guy and wrote a check to cover out of his personal account. I went and cashed immediately at his bank.
                      I've also worked for an independent emergency room that closed it's doors without telling anyone. As in show up for your shift and they closed sometime a few days before and all the doors are locked/lights off but the check cleared

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        What do you call a “large operation?”

Is this a publicly owned company or privately owned?

They could be having financial problems, or it just may have been a snafu. Have you called the bank the check was drawn on?

I call a large operation

GARCA

Comment

You will get your money but if you don't show up you will be fired and then won't get any batman money.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                            I call a large operation

GARCA

Comment

That happened to an employee where I work, when he call payroll they told him that the company transfers only the amount of money to cover all checks that were written. The checks that were not cashed within a certain time period all money was transferred back

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                                You will get your money but if you don't show up you will be fired and then won't get any batman money.
                                Lmao!!

Comment

Working...
                                X