Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

South Llano River SP exotic hunt report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Llano River SP exotic hunt report

Had a good time hunting at South Llano River SP this week and met some great people. Everybody but one person scored on axis with most getting two or three each and one couple killed 5 together. Tpwd hunt staff were very friendly and helpful. I saw at least a dozen axis altogether but only had shot opportunities on two does. Saw a couple bucks but they didnt stop or stick around long enough to get a shot. Two very nice trophy class bucks were killed by other hunters. I think the final tally was 21 or so axis killed. I was covered up in whitetail and could have easily tagged out if they were included. This was my second time to hunt there and I hope I get drawn again someday. Got one of my kills on video.
    Short clip of an axis doe I shot this week on a drawn hunt for exotics through TPWD at South Llano River State Park near Junction, Tx. I shot another one as ...
    Attached Files

Heck yea. Congrats

Comment

Nice

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice job filling that freezer! Good eats there

Comment

I'll be headed there at the end of the month!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations ... That is 1 of the places I put in for every year ... Maybe one of these years .. Been 3 years now ..

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice! And congrats!

Tell me about the blind. Do they use that for nature observation also? Dose is stay in the park year round?

Comment

Do they still let you hunt in the hills which was the Walter Buck WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                        Do they still let you hunt in the hills which was the Walter Buck WMA?
                        Yes, they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Nice! And congrats!

Tell me about the blind. Do they use that for nature observation also? Dose is stay in the park year round?
                          It's new and was donated by someone. They keep it locked when not used for a hunt.

Comment

I love that place. When you draw a hunt like that it keeps you applying forever.

Comment

nice! love the blind!

Comment

Working...
                              X