Current Must Shoot Bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Must Shoot Bows?

I am not even going to try and ask whats the best bow out there because I know its personal preference. What I would like to know is what are the must go and shoot bows before purchasing a new one? I haven't been keeping up with who came out with what, so I really dont know whats out there.

I am currently shooting a Bowtech Experience. I am looking for smooth and quiet that performs well. I am not chasing speed. I want a bow that is easy to draw from start to finish and easy to hold. Not against any brand either. Name some up for me please.

Realm
    Halon 32

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Realm
      Halon 32
      FND what do you think of Triax compared to Halon 32?

Comment

Realm
        Halon 32
        x2
        also the Triax or one of the new Obsessions. I do think the Mathews beats them though

Comment

Realm
          Halon 32
          Who is making the REALM?

Nevermind I found it.
          Last edited by Justin Spies; 12-04-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

You should also shoot the PSE Evolve 31 and Evolve 35. I don't know what your preference is for ATA length, but the Evolve cam system is one of the nicest drawing cams out right now. You have a choice of modules to find the one that feels best to you, and the valley is adjustable.

I have shot the Realm, Realm X, Evolve 31 and 35, the PSE React and Xpedite. I have not shot the Triax yet or the new Hoyt. Both seem to be getting good reviews with the edge going to the Triax from what I have read.

I'd say that's the short list from the big guys. Darton has come out with a new cam system that looks pretty interesting also. Darton will not hold it's resale value like the others mentioned, so if you tried one and liked it you would want to keep it for a good while to keep from losing $$$ on it.

Comment

Triax

Comment

Originally posted by SwampyMarsh View Post
                FND what do you think of Triax compared to Halon 32?
                It has its advantages but it’s short. Basically a Halon 28

Comment

I know it's a tired statement but try as many as you can and let the bow pick you...

And it's hard to drop $1100 on just a bow...

Comment

Pse.

Comment

We had a couple guys on our lease went and shot 6 different bows one guy is a bow tech guy the other is a Hoyt they both walked out with the Mathews triax

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Pse.
                        The PSE Carbon Stealth is ridiculously light. Actually it was too light for me, which is why I ended up with the Halon 32 - but those were my final 2 contenders.

I shot all the flagship bows and honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If I had a longer DL I would have gone with the Obsession Huracan. The new Prime and Elites were smooth as butter as well. The Hoyt REDWRX is also amazing. All that being said I didn't care for the Triax, just seemed like a mini-me Halon 32.

Comment

After years of bowtech shooting and having a long draw length of 32", I settled on a Bear BR33 and it describes everything you are looking for. Its been replaced by the Kuma for 2018, but its the smoothest bow for me I have ever shot. It's a tack driver for sure also.

Comment

Look for arrow speed and quite. I use to shot a compound and video all shots. My arrow would get 12 yards out before the deer would start to move. I now shot a crossbow because I got tired of losing deer. Its twice as fast (400fps) and the arrow is 25 yrds out before the deer move. With todays compounds you can get that speed!!

Comment

My local shop carries, Mathews, Elite, Bowtech, PSE, and Hoyt I would really like to get one of those brands to have a local dealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X