Any SR5 4Runner owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any SR5 4Runner owners?

Going to look at a 2015 SR5 tomorrow thinking about getting out of my 2016 Tacoma and into something more spacious interior wise. Curious the reviews on them as i personally don’t know anyone that owns one to pick their brains.

TIA Corey

Aren’t they pretty much the same thing, other than one is enclosed and the other has a bed?

Your Tacoma is a 4 door right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one... whatcha want to know?

Comment

We have a tacoma and 4runner. I really like the 4runner. It is more comfortable than the taco. I use the taco for rumning around town and when I hunt by myself. My wife drives the 4 runner. If I didn't need the bed space plus keeping nasty mud etc from duck hunting out of the interior I would have a 4runner too.
        Last edited by DUKFVR; 04-23-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          I have one... whatcha want to know?
          Do you have a 3rd row? Curious what true mpg is? Have you towed anything with it if so how does it handle a trailer? Anything you don’t like about it? I love my taco, but it’s really only comfortable for 1 in all honesty...

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            We have a tacoma and 4runner. I really like the 4runner. It is more comfortable than the taco. I use the taco for rumning around town and when I hunt by myself. My wife drives the 4 runner. If I didn't need the bed space plus keeping nasty mud etc from duck hunting out of the interior I would have a 4runner too.
            Awesome thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              Going to look at a 2015 SR5 tomorrow thinking about getting out of my 2016 Tacoma and into something more spacious interior wise. Curious the reviews on them as i personally don’t know anyone that owns one to pick their brains.

TIA Corey
              I have 2, a 98 and a 2004. The 2004 is in the shop with a leaking head gasket and a timing cover replacement. The head gasket is a rare event, naturally it would happen to me. The timing cover was a "phenomenom". One in a million it would happen at the same time.

I tow trailers with mine quite often with no issues. My 98 gets about 15mpg, my 04 gets 19.
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 04-23-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Wife has a 18' 4runner and I have tundra. Her 4runner is great for around town and off road. Any towing, tundra gets the call.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Wife has a 18' 4runner and I have tundra. Her 4runner is great for around town and off road. Any towing, tundra gets the call.
                  My Tacoma isn’t really a tow horse itself so I’m curious if they’re atleast comparable to the smaller lighter Tacoma’s

Comment

4runner will be less as the suspension is a 4 link and will sag with any load. I enjoy my wifes 4runner but does have it place.

Comment

No comparison IMO on having passengers being comfortable in the 2nd seat. We used it for our family of 4. We don't have the 3rd seat. I imgine that would be pretty tight. I have pulled my ranger on a 12ft heavy duty trailer several times with the 4runner. It handles it good for me, but if you like fast takeoffs and rolling 80 mph with it , it may not be for you. It pulls the trailer as good as the taco if not better. The taco is 4wd, 4runner 2wd. The taco gets around 18 on the hwy . The 4runner low 20's all day long. I have no dislikes at all on the 4runner. Myself, if I didn't need the bed, I would drive a 4runner for comfort and taking people along.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        No comparison IMO on having passengers being comfortable in the 2nd seat. We used it for our family of 4. We don't have the 3rd seat. I imgine that would be pretty tight. I have pulled my ranger on a 12ft heavy duty trailer several times with the 4runner. It handles it good for me, but if you like fast takeoffs and rolling 80 mph with it , it may not be for you. It pulls the trailer as good as the taco if not better. The taco is 4wd, 4runner 2wd. The taco gets around 18 on the hwy . The 4runner low 20's all day long. I have no dislikes at all on the 4runner. Myself, if I didn't need the bed, I would drive a 4runner for comfort and taking people along.
                        I’m not a guy bent on speed 0-60, 1/4mile, etc idc about. I’m just a putter around Dad in no hurry that just wants something. Functional and reliable lol

Comment

We had a 2015 SR5 Premium 4x4, I loved it. Gas mileage wasnt bad and it would go anywhere. We did not have the 3rd row and I'm thankful for that. We carried everything we wanted without having to hassle with dropping seats and so on. Wife wanted to trade up into a limited so after 1 year that is what we did. Honestly, the limited 4x4 is too nice to do what I want, I'd take that SR5 back in a heartbeat. It's fits the bill for functionality and reliability. It will however jump out of its skin if you romp down on the gas if you need to get somewhere quickly.

Comment

I drive an 08 4Runner Sport 2wd with around130k. Has the 4.0 V 6. No significant issues so far. I frequently hear of these going over 200k without major repairs.

Comment

Wife and I bought a 2017 4Runner TRD off road last May and love it. 17 MPG in town, no 3rd row and don't think we would like the 3rd row. Currently have 12,000 miles on it with zero issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X