Headed to Woodsboro-Sat & Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Woodsboro-Sat & Sun

Father in Law has been down in Woodsboro for a couple of days now. He is saying the little towns aren't getting much help. He is coming down from San Saba. He is staying with my sister in law in San Antonio and driving back and forth. They brought a tank truck in with some gas so people could fill up their generators. We are headed to SA as soon as I get off Friday and then to Woodsboro Saturday morning. My mother in law has some cookers set up so we are going to cook and pass out supplies. Just wanted to throw it out there if anybody needs anything in that area. We are gonna take my truck and little trailer so we can haul supplies around.

I had been wondering why Woodsboro but hadn't ask. This is why from my SIL:
    "When I talked to my friend, Mandy Wilks, Sunday night about her hometown of Woodsboro, she said it was hit really hard by Harvey, and that one thing people were needing (and having a hard time getting) was gas. They needed it to run their generators and chainsaws and other things necessary to survive in the chaos right now. So, as I always do, I immediately told my parents, and my dad made the call to other San Saba residents (Will and Wesley Robertson). By that night, gas was lined up to deliver to Woodsboro in the next day or two. So Tuesday, 4 guys from San Saba loaded up with chainsaws and equipment and 500 gallons of gas and headed to Woodsboro! The gas was all gone by the end of the night, and today those 4 guys are cutting and hauling trees and debris before they head home.
    And, while they are working in Woodsboro, the people of San Saba County are working to gather supplies and donating food to bring a hot meal to the town of Woodsboro on Saturday!! As of today, the small town of Llano is getting involved as well! And supplies are being gathered in Brownwood also. We are going back Friday and Saturday with supplies and man power! They really need the manpower!! If you want to go help, let us know. There's so much to be done all in that area....Woodsboro, Refugio and Bayside."

Comment

I have a buddy hear in Tyler that is looking to head to that area as well, I don't know all the plan but trying to help him gather some food, maybe head down as well.

Comment

Good Deal Dugie! I'll be in a Gold Tacoma with a TBH sticker on the back. We have a a smoker/bean cooker/grill lined up so tell your buddy to use his nose to find us!
        Latest update from by FIL:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Farrel Woodsboro UPdate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24509725

Comment

Hey Charlie....I'm the friend of Dugie. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we are going this weekend...maybe in a few weeks when the first wave of helpers are gone. Sure wish we could have met up down there, but thanks for your work! My other friend, that I had planned to go with, has family and friends in Bayside and Woodsboro....we are still sending some help down there, just not our hands at the moment. Hope all goes well and stay safe!

Comment

Hi Jake, hate we wont get to meet up down there but there will be plenty of work when ya'll go. Tell your friend to spread the word to his family and friends down there. We will be cooking.
            My mother in law texted me this morning. We have a great BBQ pit to use. It has smoker/bean cooker/grill. We are also bringing a camp stove & coffee pot, we plan to fix breakfast as well.
            Corner Cafe from San Saba is making tortillas as well as bean/meat combo for b'fast tacos. We have some bake potatoes coming to. Have received about 100 lbs of sausage donated by Millers meat in Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
              Hi Jake, hate we wont get to meet up down there but there will be plenty of work when ya'll go. Tell your friend to spread the word to his family and friends down there. We will be cooking.
              My mother in law texted me this morning. We have a great BBQ pit to use. It has smoker/bean cooker/grill. We are also bringing a camp stove & coffee pot, we plan to fix breakfast as well.
              Corner Cafe from San Saba is making tortillas as well as bean/meat combo for b'fast tacos. We have some bake potatoes coming to. Have received about 100 lbs of sausage donated by Millers meat in Llano.
              Awesome! Will do....my friend send his thanks, as well.

Comment

Working...
              X