Question about fishing line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    That's not necessary. Regular palomar works fine.
    Neither is this post but we still had to read it...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
      Neither is this post but we still had to read it...

Your opinion, my opinion, does it matter? I spend 2-3 days a week on the water 80% of the year, offshore, inshore, nearshore. I put my time in. Just trying to help a few people out.

Comment

Somebody asked about color of line. As a Striper fisherman and licensed guide, me and my best friend ( who is a full time guide ) have experimented with different colors. What we have found is pink line catches more fish. Green line catches the least. This is fishing down rods with live bait. Will also ad that we fish 20# main line with a 2-3ft Fluro leader 12-14#. Ande mono premium

Comment

I use 6lb clear blue stren on my dock shooters and jig swimming rods and 10lb vicious Florocarbon on my timber jigging rods. I have a couple spooled with 10lb power pro for deep winter fishing but I rarely use them unless I'm fishing over 30'. But then again most the fish I catch rarely go over 2 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Your opinion, my opinion, does it matter? I spend 2-3 days a week on the water 80% of the year, offshore, inshore, nearshore. I put my time in. Just trying to help a few people out.
            Obviously so was I...

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              But then again most the fish I catch rarely go over 2 pounds.
              What do you use that bait for?

Comment

I've been fishing with 30# Suffix braid connected to a barrel swivel and 24" of 30# florocarbon. I've never had issues in the 8 plus years. I also replace my line regularly.

Comment

I didn't really notice that I haven't had a break off since I switched to braid, but since I have (50lb power pro) the weak link has been mono leaders being bit off or me accidentally tying a bad knot at 2am. I mostly fish saltwater now on surf, jetties, or wading bays.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've gone back and forth for years, but for the last several I've been stuck on mono.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                        So I fish fresh water mostly but also fish saltwater some with mono. Today I went bass fishing and had my line broke on several occasions. All of my reels were spooled recently so the line is good. I want to switch to braided line and my question is what is the best all around braided line for fresh and saltwater? Any of you saltwater guys have any advice.
                        use 30# power pro braided line! same size as 12# mono. stays round, doesn't dig down in the spool. been using it for years.

Comment

Bad eye on rod or state record bass

Comment

Good lawd address your tackle issues before discussing merits of line type/quality. You have a guide/drag/line age issue

Mono lasting longer than braid lol.

Comment

Power Pro

Comment

Braid lasts longer from a lifespan (date of purchase) standpoint than anything. It offers a much greater capacity:strength benefit to mono or fluoro. Imo fluoro offers a greater initial line strength/abrasion resistance but because of the lower stretch is less resistant to breaking than mono once it gets nicked up. Be a line checker with fluoro. Beyond that the mono/fluoro debate is relinquished to the obvious floating vs low stretch trade off. You have a tackle problem you need to address before you get into line choices

Comment

Working...
                                X