Whisker Bisquit Sure Shot Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    Hmmm... I didn't see that... I've never had mine fail... I wonder what happened for the arrow to fall into whiskers??

Ive pushed an arrow or two into the whiskers before (usually resting the bow wrong with an arrow nocked) but they have always popped right back up.

What happened?
    It. Buried. Itself. Down. Into. The. Whiskers.

Knight n Hale have the vid. I dont. Im just reporting what i saw last night. It was the first time i heard of that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      That is a user error no doubt. They are still a good rest that will get the job done. I just moved on from there.
      And you saw it too.

It can fail whether yall wanna admit to it or not.

Operator error or not. It still failed. I cant push my arrow down thru the bottom of my rest.

Point being i hear yall all the time about how perfect it is. It is simple, it does have its place, it is reliable for the most part, but its not perfect or the answer for everyone.
      Last edited by JW; 08-05-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Never had a drop away fail and I have been shooting a drop away since before the Ripcord and Quad were ever invented. I can see the use of the WB for a lot of folks and I am not going to bash any that uses one. What I have to laugh a little at is that for the majority of the people that use one they want to say that the reason is to keep it simple. If you want to use that, fine, but look at everything else you have in your equipment that could fail that you use and probably would not do without. Release, D loop, peep, bow, quiver, mechanicals if you use them amog others. Yes using one thing that is simple will eliminate one thing that can go wrong, but there are a dozen other things that we use that can fail when we shoot. As I was telling Coach W yesterday, I have never had one of the rubber peep tubing system I had used for years break and I was questioned about it and I simply replied that this was one item that was checked every time before I shot wether before practicing or hunting. The best thing to do is to use what you are comfortable with and confident in and to check everything on a regular basis to possibly eliminate any problems. Shoot what you like and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          And you saw it too.

It can fail whether yall wanna admit to it or not.

Operator error or not. It still failed. I cant push my arrow down thru the bottom of my rest.

Point being i hear yall all the time about how perfect it is. It is simple, it does have its place, it is reliable for the most part, but its not perfect or the answer for everyone.
          Gengin' If you push the arrow out of position on ANY rest, your shot will suffer.
          This is no fault of the rest itself, just the user.
          I sell all kinds of rests, and I've yet to have a customer tell me that his WB failed.
          Can't say the same about any others.

Comment

I just switched from WB to QAD I liked the WB but every once in awhile it would rip a fetching off (yes they had a hard helical) as the fetching would come off i would replace with the NAP shrink wrap kind which seemed tO fix the prob but did not want that to happen on that one opportunity in the woods. So now I just have to worry about my drop away failing lol. Both are great rests

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              Gengin' If you push the arrow out of position on ANY rest, your shot will suffer.
              This is no fault of the rest itself, just the user.
              I sell all kinds of rests, and I've yet to have a customer tell me that his WB failed.
              Can't say the same about any others.
              Lol. Yessir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Never had a drop away fail and I have been shooting a drop away since before the Ripcord and Quad were ever invented. I can see the use of the WB for a lot of folks and I am not going to bash any that uses one. What I have to laugh a little at is that for the majority of the people that use one they want to say that the reason is to keep it simple. If you want to use that, fine, but look at everything else you have in your equipment that could fail that you use and probably would not do without. Release, D loop, peep, bow, quiver, mechanicals if you use them amog others. Yes using one thing that is simple will eliminate one thing that can go wrong, but there are a dozen other things that we use that can fail when we shoot. As I was telling Coach W yesterday, I have never had one of the rubber peep tubing system I had used for years break and I was questioned about it and I simply replied that this was one item that was checked every time before I shot wether before practicing or hunting. The best thing to do is to use what you are comfortable with and confident in and to check everything on a regular basis to possibly eliminate any problems. Shoot what you like and enjoy.
                Totally agree. I still use the peep and tube... But unlike mudslinger i don't always remember to check it... Which is why i need to keep it simple as possible. it's broke a few times.. Always in practice.

I also forget to floss, shave, leave clothes in the dryer.... Etc... So the less things i have to remember the better.

To each their own there... I googled the incident and couldn't find anything about it... I would like to know how it failed so i could keep it from happening to me.

Comment

Coach W, good luck tomorrow with the start of practice and stay cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X