Cellular Rain Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Rain Gauge

Do any of you have a cell rain gauge? My thinking is to put it at the ranch/lease and get the info on the phone. Thanks for the info if you got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mounted a rain gauge in front of my cell game camera, works great.

Comment

Hadn’t thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        I mounted a rain gauge in front of my cell game camera, works great.
        I've tried that but if you can take a demand photo you'll have to wait for a critter to trigger it. I also added bright colored floats in mine to help see the level on camera. Start with the biggest gauge you can find too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          I've tried that but if you can take a demand photo you'll have to wait for a critter to trigger it. I also added bright colored floats in mine to help see the level on camera. Start with the biggest gauge you can find too.
          The big green one already has a big orange float in it.
          I get 10-30 pics a day so it’s no problem for me.

Comment

Yes. We don't have wifi at ranch. Got my brother an Ecowitt WH 6006E cellular weather station for Christmas and it works awesome. You can program it to send you text messages if you set a minimum rainfall alarm to your liking. I helped him set it up and is on the weatherunderground network. It automatically sends data to cloud and is constantly updating. I have the weather station saved as an app on my cell phone home screen and I click on it and shows current conditions instantly. It also has historical data automatically saved and can go back any time to search daily rainfall or any other weather data. Definitely a nice tool to have and you will love it

Comment

Use Farm Logs. It is free for just basic rain info and it will snd you an email anytime it has rain on your property. You map out the boundaries of your place and enter it and you will get the rain info. FREE or you can update and pay for a subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Use Farm Logs. It is free for just basic rain info and it will snd you an email anytime it has rain on your property. You map out the boundaries of your place and enter it and you will get the rain info. FREE or you can update and pay for a subscription.
                Dependent on radar estimates and not always accurate especially the further away from radar sites. I used to look at that and found it very different from what was in the rain gauge

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                  Dependent on radar estimates and not always accurate especially the further away from radar sites. I used to look at that and found it very different from what was in the rain gauge
                  That's too bad. I compared Farm Logs side by side with a rain gauge at our place for several months, and it was always spot on. Since then, I've ditched the rain gauge. As you said, it must be something to do with proximity to radar sites.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    For us, it is spot on!

Comment

Well, I created an account with Farm Logs. We are expecting rain by this weekend. I’ll see how accurate it is. It was free either way. Thanks for the input!

Comment

This.

I use it and it's pretty great. I use the basic free portion of the app. Pretty accurate too.

Comment

For us, it is spot on!
                          It used to be pretty accurate for us. Now it is not that great. Last Sunday night, it said we got .9"s and we really got 2.5"s confirmed from someone who was in camp. Last night it showed we got .29"s and someone who was there said it didn't even rain. I have the free version.

Comment

I have found this site pretty dang accurate. You can zoom right down to the backyard and click and it will give a very accurate total based on my experience

Radar-estimated precipitation accumulation for the past 24 hours to 3 days. High resolution and interactive rainfall data on Google Maps.

Comment

Working...
                            X