Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone add a hip belt to a climbing tree stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone add a hip belt to a climbing tree stand?

I’m looking for suggestions or if anyone has tried something similar. I have a viper climbing tree stand that weighs about 30 lbs and has shoulder straps for carrying. I use a carabiner to clip a regular backpack with food, water, binos, etc to the back of it when I walk in so it weighs probably between 35 and 40 lbs. anyone who has carried one of these knows that the shoulder straps are not comfortable at all and 100% of the weight is on your shoulders.

I’m wonderig if there is a way to add a hip belt to put the weight on my hips like a pack does but I’m not sure where to start with this. Anyone try this or have a better solution?

Try getting a molle 2 system, they are great carrying systems for treestands. You could also just buy a military kidney belt and that would help too. I would go molle 2 straps with kidney belt

Comment

Originally posted by hybridhunternm View Post
      Try getting a molle 2 system, they are great carrying systems for treestands. You could also just buy a military kidney belt and that would help too. I would go molle 2 straps with kidney belt
      Best answer. Like!

Comment

I’ll give it a try!

Comment

Working...
        X