Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some other good political forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will admit I have become a political junky. What are some other political forums that you guys visit? The only other one that I follow is Georgia's version of TBH. Think if I just had 2 more good outlets it would hold me over for a while.

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

It's interesting you posted this. I was thinking the same thing this morning. I haven't had a chance to sit down and see what's out there. I'll give the GTBH a shot.

Comment

My god why would someone want to look at more political stuff lol

Avoid it like the plague!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        My god why would someone want to look at more political stuff lol

Avoid it like the plague!
        Attached Files

Comment

Do they have tribalism on the Georgia site? If so, I'm all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            Do they have tribalism on the Georgia site? If so, I'm all in.
            There is 3 hardcore snowflakes on that forum and all the rest lean right. Same with this site....the libs usually respond on feelings with no regards to facts, principles and values.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              There is 3 hardcore snowflakes on that forum and all the rest lean right. Same with this site....the libs usually respond on feelings with no regards to facts, principles and values.

Well, dang it Man. You just said it all. We don't need to discuss things any further!

Comment

Yall should find a liberal political site like PETA and start a thread there. That could get interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Yall should find a liberal political site like PETA and start a thread there. That could get interesting!
                  Been there done that in an attempt to better understand the left's way of thinking. I couldn't find anyone serious to have a actual discussion with.

Comment

Been there done that in an attempt to better understand the left's way of thinking. I couldn't find anyone serious to have a actual discussion with.
                    That's true, there wouldn't be any logic involved. You just have to yell louder and show more emotion to win your argument over there.

Comment

I will admit I have become a political junky. What are some other political forums that you guys visit? The only other one that I follow is Georgia's version of TBH. Think if I just had 2 more good outlets it would hold me over for a while.

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Comment

Lol, this forum’s idea of a fact is a Donald Trump tweet and a Sean Hannity rant.

You shouldn’t have to look far to join the group think in other right wing echo chambers. Tribe Trump will exist on just about any hunting site with a political forum. The demographics are prime for it. Just like with Trump, you’ll own bonus points for agreeing with the forum’s tribal chief and stroking his fragile ego. Just look for the demagogue with the obsessive need to insert a rant or cynicism into every thread.

If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions. Or, just go rant with a bunch of angry nationalist ideologues on a hunting site and feed your confirmation bias, because everyone knows hunting sites have the most enlightened political discussion on the internet. Lol!

Comment

Politics: Debate local, state, and federal issues. Get news on the upcoming elections

You can thank me in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Black Ice; 10-24-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                            Lol, this forum’s idea of a fact is a Donald Trump tweet and a Sean Hannity rant.

You shouldn’t have to look far to join the group think in other right wing echo chambers. Tribe Trump will exist on just about any hunting site with a political forum. The demographics are prime for it. Just like with Trump, you’ll own bonus points for agreeing with the forum’s tribal chief and stroking his fragile ego. Just look for the demagogue with the obsessive need to insert a rant or cynicism into every thread.

If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions. Or, just go rant with a bunch of angry nationalist ideologues on a hunting site and feed your confirmation bias, because everyone knows hunting sites have the most enlightened political discussion on the internet. Lol!

What you need is more Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions.!
                              Thats exactly what I have been looking for. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X