Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise on getting a nice start up package, what do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on getting a nice start up package, what do you recommend?

Haven't had a bow in a long time but now that I'm retired I can start again.dont want to spend a small fortune just like to get started. Any advise on brands or any used ones out there anybody selling. Thank you

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
    Haven't had a bow in a long time but now that I'm retired I can start again.dont want to spend a small fortune just like to get started. Any advise on brands or any used ones out there anybody selling. Thank you
    Something like the Bowtech Fuel and Hoyt Ignite packages can be had for right around $500 and come with everything needed to get up and going except arrows and a release.

Bowetech Fuel

Hoyt Ignite

Or, you can get a smokin' deal right here in the classifieds. That 's what I would do, but I'm not you. There are two or three bows that are hunting ready in the classifieds right now.

head down to see Paul at Double G Archery in Georgetown; he will help you get exactly what you need.

Comment

My first bow setup was a Hoyt Charger. I told the shop I wanted a midrange bow and that's what I ended up with. It was a great bow and still would be shooting it if I hadn't won a NoCam.

Comment

Thanks @rat and @houstonHunter appreciate the info

Comment

Buy high end used.. Good way to started and save money. People like myself trade out bows every year or so..

Look in the classifieds on here and Archery Talk

Comment

Thanks I'll chk it out

Comment

Look at Mission bows

Comment

I will Thks

Comment

Mission ballistic is what I shoot.

Comment

Blackout ss made by bow tech for bass pro shops my dad has it and it competes with high end bows he got it for 500

Comment

Niceeee

Comment

My daughter got a PSE Stinger X ready to shoot with a drop away rest for under $500, it's a nice bow. Not the best, but a lot better than what I learned to bowhunt shooting. My son just replaced his 15 year old PSE with a Mission, it's a shooter too.

I'd advise going to an archery pro shop and avoiding the big box stores too. Have them include 5 lessons in the package price, re-start archery on the right foot with proper shooting form and technique.

Comment

I'll put another vote in for the mission ballistic, I shoot it and love it. You can also get it as a package from mission

Comment

PM inbound

Comment

Look at huntersfriend.com lots of good choices and great customer service

Comment

Working...
                              X