Craziest Hunt Ever @CTBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craziest Hunt Ever @CTBC

Wow! This morning was nuts. So, I'm in the middle of a dull hunt when my phone rings. And it's someone from work. Morning was slow, so I take the call. We're chatting away when I see movement in front of me, about 150 yards away. So I'm like "hey I'm about to lose you..........CLICK!" Then to my amazement here he comes this nice 22"+-, 6 point. I knew right off I'm probably not shooting but what an impressive 3 yr old. So he comes in and starts feeding in front of me. The. All of a sudden there's this crashing coming towards just inside the edge of the wood line. And here she comes tongue dragging with a buck in tow. As they come under the tree I'm sitting in I get a decent look at him as he is trailing away from me. Definitely shooter. Big mature chocolate horned 8. Now I'm in kill mode and the doe bursts out of the brush about 40 yards with him in tow. And they turn straight for me. As they come in, he want stop and gets under me slightly quartered away and makes the FATAL pause. My shot ripped about 4" Rage gash down through the back but looked a little back and away he goes. So now I'm in pieces when I look up and he has circled back out and is still looking for that doe. ON THE SAME TRAIL! INSTANT REPLAY....... Except this time he turns broad side at 25 yards and I Rage him again. Now he's piled up out there about 70 yards and I'm a total mess. The whole while as I sit down I notice the big six hasn't moved and is watching the whole show. I'm staring at him. He's staring at me. Like WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED. Craziest hunt in 33 years of bowhunting.

Pics soon

Here's the 6

nice story!

Comment

Awesome! Thats what hunting is all about. Can get dull for a few hours and in 30 seconds everything has changed

So you shot him at a straight down angle, and then he looped around and let you get him again, but broadside? That buck is love struck!

Comment

That sounds crazy. Congrats.

Comment

What a deal. I guess the rut was on. Looking forward to pictures.

Comment

Crazy hunt, looking forward to pics!

Comment

Comment

Just goes to show you that women will end up getting most males killed. Great story, great deer.

Comment

Cool story and nice buck!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Sounds a great morning...congrats

Comment

Exciting read and nice buck.

Comment

Congrats - That is the way I want all my business calls to go

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X