Quieting a Sniper Hawg light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of the 30 something models (36?) and it is noisy when you shoot the bow

As many of these that are floating around I figured someone had found a way to quieten them down

If you have a solution please share as there is no way I am shooting with light on bow at a deer
    No I am not shooting deer at night but I have had pigs in several times before it was light enough to see and they don’t have a rule that says I can’t shoot them before daylight

I put a little piece of electrical tape on the battery. Stop all the sounds other then the on off switch

Comment

I sent my adjustable one back to see if they could fix it and it came back noisier than when I sent it in. I need to list it in the classifieds. I'm never gonna use it like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        I put a little piece of electrical tape on the battery. Stop all the sounds other then the on off switch
        Wrapped?

Very well could be battery, but thought it was adjustable head

Comment

It’s not a sniper but I used a couple of LimbSAver stabilizer dampeners for my light and they helped a lot.
          Attached Files

Comment

I took and cut a piece of printer paper and wrapped it around my battery before sliding it in. Stopped any and all rattle.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              I took and cut a piece of printer paper and wrapped it around my battery before sliding it in. Stopped any and all rattle.

Skinny
              This. The batteries are all different sizes, doing this will stop it completely

Comment

I’m sure some scotch tape might serve the same purpose as the paper, but I just went with what I had.

Skinny

Comment

Isn't gonehunting68 the owner or associated with them?

Might try and reach out to him.
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 10-15-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Electric tape around battery.

Comment

I will try some paper or tape and see if that helps/corrects my issue

Thanks

Comment

The thing about using the paper is that I can actually get the battery out of the light to charge it. Thinking that tape might put the battery in there too snug or get stickiness in there keeping it from sliding out with ease. Just my thinking.

Skinny

Comment

The thing about using the paper is that I can actually get the battery out of the light to charge it. Thinking that tape might put the battery in there too snug or get stickiness in there keeping it from sliding out with ease. Just my thinking.

Skinny
                          You have a point, light gets warm (left in truck) and sticky oozes off tape and onto inside of light barrel and you have a problem

Going to try the paper when I get home

Comment

Skinny
                            Has worked for years for me.

Comment

Good to hear we have several options.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X