BH impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BH impact

I did a search on this and found a chart that TallTexan posted. I am not sure exactly what to try. I think I just need to move my rest. I am hitting bull with field tips and 2"-3" high right with BH's at 20 yrds. I am shooting Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 with GrizzTrick 2 100 gr not sure what poundage I am shooting. My bow is a Switchback XT 60#-70# but it is back off 3 turns.

I do not think my spine is to weak. I will leave it to yall for advice

Thanks

Man I've had the same issue and I shoot a z7x and it is a tuning issue. I've been told that each turned backed off is about 3lbs a turn. I moved my rest, back off poundage, tried to walk back tune and still same results and narrowed it down to cam lean more then likely.

Comment

u shooting right or left handed?

reason i am asking is because carbon express does their spine on arrows different from easton, gold tips, etc.. if your shooting a max 70# turn down to appx 63#, and depending on the length of your arrow, you might be a tad overspined if your shooting left handed. try switching to 125g head and see if that helps.. if your shooting right handed, then a rest adjustment is needed.

Comment

I am shooting right handed

Bow is 29" draw

Arrow is 28.5"
        (If I measured correctly. I measured from the valley on the noch to the end of the insert.)
        Last edited by USMCatfish; 08-06-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

In

That's a chart I saw posted on here awhile back, but I'm curios as to how accurate it is.

Comment

this one??
            Attached Files

Comment

Start with VERY small rest adjustments. If that doesn't work to bring em together then I'd look at maybe a little yoke tuning. One twist in the yokes on my bow solved a very similar problem for me. But that was after much trial and error with spine and FOC.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                this one??
                This one

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344264680.026529.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	24101109

Comment

ahh, i see what you did there.. lol

good chart

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                    This one

[ATTACH]372661[/ATTACH]
                    That is the one. I am confused because it says possible weak spine. But looking at the Carbon Express chart I am fine when I crank my bow up in poundage.

I always read better over spine then under spine.

If I move my rest do I follow the broadheads or fieldpoints?
                    Last edited by USMCatfish; 08-06-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Cutting an arrow will change the spine to a degree

Comment

try a 400 spine arrow at the same length

Comment

Working...
                        X