from camcorder to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from camcorder to computer

Ok, I've read back through some of the threads looking for my answer. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a sony trv-328 hi-8 camera, and I am using windows movie maker to capture the video, so I can make a video for my sons baseball team. I hooked the s-video up, but I can't see it on the puter in the program wmm. I have windows xp, and there was only one device that was listed to capture the video. I is my understanding that the device listed will tranfer the video. I start the capture, and play the camera, but I dont see it the the little box on wmm. The device is listed as: Hauppauge
    WinTV PVR
    PCI II Capture

Is the same on ya'lls? I guess my question is.....What am I doing wrong???

Don't know about your PC but my mac uses firewire. My hi-8 cam won't connect. I'm sure someone will help shortly.
    MJM

Comment

I thought it had to be Digital 8. I don't think Hi-8 will transfer, but I may be wrong (it's happened before!)

Comment

There's a catch to all this.
        Hi 8 is an analog format and actually capturing to your computer in any way is digital----even with USB. With that being said, you have to make sure that:
        1. you have the correct cable output from your camera to:
        2. an A\D converter (analog\digital) converter or card that will fit your computer program\editing system.
        3. the ''codec\driver\editing system that will 'recognize' your camera once its all wired up and running.

there are several little 'plug & play' things that should work that I've seen listed in various magazines and catalogs but since I've been digital since 1994 I'm not really that familiar with what is still on the market.

Try Fry's or even a Radio Shack for local availability. If not, then go to:
        Shop Video Production Gear, Audio Recording & Podcast Equipment, Lighting, Tactical Fiber, Blackmagic, Belden, Neutrik, Clear-Com, AJA, Shure, Teradek

and order a hard copy catalog to see what's still available. (hard copy because it' s just easier to flip paper pages than computer pages!) Plus they have some really really cool stuff you can adapt to outdoor use!

Comment

my dvd camcorder is a pain to put on our computer. the software doesnt wanna download.

Comment

Working...
          X