houston rodeo and eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

houston rodeo and eats

will be driving over with the wife this Friday from Louisiana. we will be trying Fogo de Chao for the first time for our lunch, ive been wanting to go for some time now. ive heard to NOT eat anything before going or hit the salad bar. later will attend the rodeo and see chris stapleton perform afterwards.

I've eaten there 4 times and loved it every time. I really learned how to enjoy that place, after my first time there. I only snacked during the day (buffet training is how I refer to it), since we have only eaten there for dinner, and totally pigged out on the bacon wrapped filets. The salad bar is great, and I'd usually eat a few olives and cheeses, but no rabbit food at all. Don't fill up on the chicken, sausage, and mutton. Wait for the good stuff (filets). If you ask, they'll bring it. You'll enjoy it

Comment

is a reservation required? I see on their website that reservations are available.

Comment

Reservations just make the process quicker but I don't think they are required. Good luck walking around NRG after you enter the meat coma. I have eaten there about 5 times and every single time my wife has had to turn my card to red. I just can't make myself say no to all the great food.

Comment

The last time I was at Fogo I was thoroughly unimpressed with the service. I have heard that Chama Gucha (sp) is just as good food wise but much better service. I will be trying them next. Either way, go ahead and get reservations. Its spring break and there will be more people in there for lunch.

Comment

Chama Gaucha is just as good IMO - but they are both great. I would get reservations for sure. You got the routine right. Last time I went I didn't eat all day. They **** near put me into a meat coma. LOL

Comment

Chris Stapleton put on a great show. Saw him last year. You will enjoy it for sure

Comment

What the others have said (well except the part about bad service at Fogo). One little note of caution... he wine and sparkling waters on your table are NOT free! When you get started, if you don't want those, ask the wait staff to take them away or they will wind up on your bill, especially if you open them, you own 'em and they will bring another new one and sit it right beside the open one for you to open as well. I took a large group there once and didn't pay attention to all the dang sparkling water bottles... they drank almost a huner't dollers worth of FIZZY WATER!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                  Reservations just make the process quicker but I don't think they are required. Good luck walking around NRG after you enter the meat coma. I have eaten there about 5 times and every single time my wife has had to turn my card to red. I just can't make myself say no to all the great food.
                  this is our 3rd year in a row to make the rodeo. years prior we walked around and looked at the vendors. didn't buy much, just did a bunch of looking mostly. we said this year we would just show up for the rodeo . go right in and grab a $9 beer

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  What the others have said (well except the part about bad service at Fogo). One little note of caution... he wine and sparkling waters on your table are NOT free! When you get started, if you don't want those, ask the wait staff to take them away or they will wind up on your bill, especially if you open them, you own 'em and they will bring another new one and sit it right beside the open one for you to open as well. I took a large group there once and didn't pay attention to all the dang sparkling water bottles... they drank almost a huner't dollers worth of FIZZY WATER!!
                  we will definitely remember to have them remove the wine and sparkling water!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Agreed....and if they ask if you want shrimp cocktail, "just say no". That was a $5/shrimp unexpected charge, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                      will be driving over with the wife this Friday from Louisiana. we will be trying Fogo de Chao for the first time for our lunch, ive been wanting to go for some time now. ive heard to NOT eat anything before going or hit the salad bar. later will attend the rodeo and see chris stapleton perform afterwards.
                      I didn't read anyone else that posted so sorry if someone already said this, but I highly suggest a huge meal at least 5-8 hours prior. Then you can really put away some food there. It will stretch your stomach out good.

At least that's what I do. But I also go home and have a food coma after. You may fall asleep afterwards.
                      Last edited by WItoTX; 03-12-2018, 11:14 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I didn't read anyone else that posted so sorry if someone already said this, but I highly suggest a huge meal at least 5-8 hours prior. Then you can really put away some food there. It will stretch your stomach out good.

At least that's what I do. But I also go home and have a food coma after. You may fall asleep afterwards.
                        never thought about it that way

Comment

Working...
                        X