Elk Hunt Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunt Recommendations

I have a friend who lives out of state, look for elk hunt recommendations for a grad present for his son. He didn’t give me a price so I’m guessing mid range. Might be once in a lifetime trip, so he’s thinking maybe one they can horse back in on. Doesn’t have a preference on state, or bow or rifle. Not even a record book animal, just a great experience and opportunity at taking something. Making memories.

What ya’ll got?

Thanks.

Maybe you can post some more info. What state do they live in? Is he looking to do the hunt this year? Some states require a couple preference points. Some you can draw with no points. Some states have landowner tags that you can purchase. I would say to start looking at New Mexico and Colorado. With CO being the more likely place for guides packing in on horses and backcountry style hunting.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Post more information as LWC said. There are literally unlimited possibilities. AZ Draw is over, WY is over, Alaska is over. Most outfits book up more than a year out. NM is possible on private, the draw hasn't happened there yet.

Bow or rifle?
        Location?
        How much effort? (is it going to be a party with some elk hunting mixed in, or a true backpack hunt, where every ounce you carry in needs to come out?)

Comment

Texas Elk
          Awesome guide (Marine, Sgt DPS trooper)

There is a good reason Blake Shelton hunts with him.

Comment

Working...
          X