Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I truly dislike bloody pictures of game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that a tasteful LDP is better than one with blood everywhere. It doesn't bother me, since I've seen my share of vicious wounds and blood, but personally I prefer a good, tasteful picture.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
      Do you really think that hunting with traditional equipment gives a faster cleaner kill than a rifle or compound?
      It all depends on who is behind the rifle, compound and bow. I have seen rifle hunters that could not hit where they was aiming. I have missed with all but the compound only cause I don't shoot them. Bad shots happen . None of us intend to make a bad shot. As far as quicker death. When I first went from rifle to long bow I was concerned about the game suffering more with a bow. Then I thought of when I got run over by the boat and my left elbow was shattered by the prop and my little toe was almost cut off. Plenty of blood that was mine. Shock does a lot for pain at least in my case. Bleeding is not that painfull. Now four hours later when the shock wares off most bleeding stops it can hurt like he!! .Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
        It all depends on who is behind the rifle, compound and bow. I have seen rifle hunters that could not hit where they was aiming. I have missed with all but the compound only cause I don't shoot them. Bad shots happen . None of us intend to make a bad shot. As far as quicker death. When I first went from rifle to long bow I was concerned about the game suffering more with a bow. Then I thought of when I got run over by the boat and my left elbow was shattered by the prop and my little toe was almost cut off. Plenty of blood that was mine. Shock does a lot for pain at least in my case. Bleeding is not that painfull. Now four hours later when the shock wares off most bleeding stops it can hurt like he!! .Arvin
        Wow! Now THAT is a bad day. Glad you made it!

Comment

My Dad took care of my paralyzed (13 paralytic Strokes) mother for 7 years. She passed in November and he was ready to experience nature again. This doe meant more to him than any buck he ever shot. Although emotions were high, I took the time to clean and pose the harvest with the upmost respect.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by texsdr; 01-25-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
            My Dad took care of my paralyzed (13 paralytic Strokes) mother for 7 years. She passed in November and he was ready to experience nature again. This doe meant more to him than any buck he ever shot. Although emotions were high, I took the time to clean and pose the harvest with the upmost respect.
            That is a perfect example of a good hunting pic!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              That is a perfect example of a good hunting pic!!
              Minus the gun in the shoulder

Comment

I agree with you. I really despise the head shot photos...gets under my skin in a bad way.

You are entitled to your opinion on a public forum such as this. Share away!!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  Minus the gun in the shoulder
                  LOL there is that...but look close. I think the barrel is actually pointing past his shoulder and it's the camera angle. Still a great pic though.

Comment

Is your march over already?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                      Jesus guys. Blood doesn't bother me one bit whether it be an animal or human but I've seen pictures of guys with dead game and there is blood smeared on the hunters face and all over the animal like it's some kind of "I blasted this ***** and check it out!". I like dignity in hunting. I know blood is a result of the hunt but some folks go all Rambo with it and I think it takes away from the ethical side of things.

Richard.
                      To each his own. Last thing we need is hunters bashing hunters good grief man.

Comment

My only real problem is with head shots being posted up to brag about. I think that's disrespectful to the animal. Or if in the process of harvesting the animal you did a number on it, try and take a tasteful pic. I think it's educational to learn about what different mechanical broadheads will do as far as entrance and exit wounds, but those pics would be posted in a different thread I would think. I get the guys point, but just as with anything you can be on one end of the spectrum to the other. Posting up gruesome headshots to always making a point to strategically placing objects to cover any sign of blood or wound to make the pic look like the animal is just sleeping. Like the last post says "To each his own".....just no head shots.....unless it's a stinky ole pig and you did it with an arrow.

Comment

why? why why why? did this thread have to be bumped? why? Some old threads deserve a few bumps to relive good old times... this one could have just stayed dead.

Comment

Someone had time on their hands . . .

Gary

Comment

Man, first bow buck I pulled left and cut both jugulars, was a mess and was spraying everywhere. Wish I had that photo to post, sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                why? why why why? did this thread have to be bumped? why? Some old threads deserve a few bumps to relive good old times... this one could have just stayed dead.
                                my biggest pet peeve is folks bumping threads up that haven't been posted in on years or the thread is dead and no reason to bring it up....good grief

Comment

Working...
                                X