Variable aperature peep sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable aperature peep sight

Just changed out sight on my bow to a single pin MBG Ascent Ambush.

It is 1.75" diameter and Spott Hogg that came off of it was around 2.25" (guessing)
    Now when I look through the peep, the new housing does not fit the peep.

I think peep that is on it is 3/16" and I want to try 1/8" to see.

Saw there is a company that makes a housing and has several "adapters" that change the actual aperture.
    Anybody used one of these?
    Disadvantages?

1/8 is gonna be tough to see thru in low light.
    Specialty Archery makes the peep you are talking about and the only disadvantage is weight, if that's an issue.
    Not an inexpensive peep either.

Comment

Probably just stick with what I have unless somebody makes one in 5/32"

Definitely need to be able to see through it in low light

Comment

I use the Speciality Archery peeps mentioned above but have drilled out smaller peeps in the past to get what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Just changed out sight on my bow to a single pin MBG Ascent Ambush.

It is 1.75" diameter and Spott Hogg that came off of it was around 2.25" (guessing)

Now when I look through the peep, the new housing does not fit the peep.

I think peep that is on it is 3/16" and I want to try 1/8" to see.

Saw there is a company that makes a housing and has several "adapters" that change the actual aperture.

Anybody used one of these?

Disadvantages?

I think you should try to go to the 1/4. Going to the 1/8 is going smaller then your 3/16.

I actually thought about that before I dumped the mbg but I like 3/16 and don't like changing my sight picture.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
            I think you should try to go to the 1/4. Going to the 1/8 is going smaller then your 3/16.

I actually thought about that before I dumped the mbg but I like 3/16 and don't like changing my sight picture.
            Definitely do not want to go any bigger with peep, when I look through peep (3/16) the sight housing is smaller than the peep aperture. With the old spot hogg the sight housing ring filled the inside of the peep aperture

Wish I was smart enough to draw a picture on this computer to show what I am talking about

Pretty sure I will adapt to it

Comment

Working...
            X