Turkey calling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey calling question

Is it legal to call turkeys with an electronic game call?

Yep

Comment

I'm not sure as I've really never thought about it. Kinda defeats the purpose IMO. Either way, fried turkey strips are great!!

Comment

Perfectly legal. It's not a migratory bird.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          I'm not sure as I've really never thought about it. Kinda defeats the purpose IMO. Either way, fried turkey strips are great!!
          Well you don't give the crows a sporting chance with your stereo HD surround sound. Why should you discriminate with Tom Turkey?

Comment

Yes it is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              Well you don't give the crows a sporting chance with your stereo HD surround sound. Why should you discriminate with Tom Turkey?
              You serious Clark?

You should honestly use an E-caller for your turkey hunting. You may actually get to kill one that way!

Comment

You serious Clark?

You should honestly use an E-caller for your turkey hunting. You may actually get to kill one that way!

Look at you CFB'in up the turkey calling thread... I like it..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Look at you CFB'in up the turkey calling thread... I like it..

Comment

You serious Clark?

Since you can't find any snake boots you can take these back and see how copperhead resistant they are. Do you need another bag of ol roy or box of milk biscuits?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Snake boot situation has been amended. Try again. Does your Woodsy the Owl pullstring toy fit in your turkey vest?

Comment

Well, this thread is escalating quickly!

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                        Is it legal to call turkeys with an electronic game call?
                        I'm a sub par turkey caller and I can still tell you that there is a very good reason to learn how to call them with a mouth call, pot/peg, or a box call.

You don't have to be an expert to realize that sometimes you just need to change up your calling and customize it to what is going on, or not going on in front of you. An electric caller just won't do that for you I don't think. Changing between yelps, cuts, and purrs, and a playing with volume and excitement has a noticeable impact.

I would think an electronic caller would be like having a cardboard turkey decoy vs a 3D decoy with a real fan, etc. Both could work... but one is clearly better and designed for the task.

Comment

Simmer down Eradicator. I have plenty of room in my decoy bags but I'm not using all 10 at one time like Clay does

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            Well, this thread is escalating quickly!

I'm a sub par turkey caller and I can still tell you that there is a very good reason to learn how to call them with a mouth call, pot/peg, or a box call.

You don't have to be an expert to realize that sometimes you just need to change up your calling and customize it to what is going on, or not going on in front of you. An electric caller just won't do that for you I don't think. Changing between yelps, cuts, and purrs, and a playing with volume and excitement has a noticeable impact.

I would think an electronic caller would be like having a cardboard turkey decoy vs a 3D decoy with a real fan, etc. Both could work... but one is clearly better and designed for the task.
                            It's all in good fun. 243 can call turkeys with the best of 'em

Comment

I enjoy the experience of calling them with a slate, box or mouth call. For me, it's about the experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X