Tilladaddy's boy gets his first deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilladaddy's boy gets his first deer

Jackson is Tyler McGuire's 7 year old boy. Tyler (on TBH as Tilladaddy) passed away in January after a long illness.

Jack has been hunting with me in Oklahoma, and with Todd (aka Todd-ty729) for the past couple of years. Jack's last hunt with his Daddy was last fall at Todd's lease. Great times. Tyler once said that Jack was "eat up the the outdoors." He wasn't kidding. He can ride the four wheeler for hours. He loves shooting varmints with his 22, poking the camp fire, or just playing with tractors in the camper.

Jack decided that he was ready to hunt a deer of his own this year. This weekend was Oklahoma youth hunt. We've been planning this trip for a while. I picked him up after school Thursday; and, we headed to Oklahoma. I have one two man stand at the edge of a small clearing in dense woods. He was fairly quiet and fairly still for about an hour and a half sit Friday morning and again that evening. Then, on Saturday morning, he shot a deer with the 300 blackout that he and his Daddy had bought a couple of years ago. The deer had run about 50 yards when we found it.

Jack was so excited. I was proud of him, happy, and a little sad. I know Tyler was there with us, from the shot, to the blood trail, to cooking backstrap on the camp fire that evening.
    Attached Files

Fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Best hunting story of the year!!!!

Comment

Well done, Jack....Congrats!!! We are proud of you.

Comment

Tbh award out to you sir!

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Well done. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations
              Awesomeness

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats to Tyler and Thanks to you guys for sharing and caring. I bet a proud father is smiling down on ya'll Well Done!

Comment

The world needs more people like you two! Thanks for your efforts and congratulations to the young hunter!

Comment

The future is secure!

Comment

Great story, kudos to y'all for taking him out in the woods.

Comment

Wow what a great trip!

I know his Daddy was there and in his absence would be very glad Uncle John was making it happen. No doubt about it.

We will try to duplicate the success again out west in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang screen got all blurry reading that. What a great smile on that young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                              Wow what a great trip!

I know his Daddy was there and in his absence would be very glad Uncle John was making it happen. No doubt about it.

We will try to duplicate the success again out west in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X