My favorite self made primitive bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite self made primitive bow!

Hey yall. In case anyone is interested, here is the latest update i did to my bow...decorating the rawhide back. I built this bow and got my first "primitive bow kill" ever with it- a whitetail buck followed up by a doe in 2015. Added a leather arrow rest to it. 2016 wasnt a good hunting season for me. However, 2017 began and found me sucessful with two hog kills in TX. This year ill be hunting Mule deer here in the mountains of WY with it. Ill also be hunting with cane shafts and stone points. Figured it was time for another evolution, the symbols on the back. Heres a brief writeup i did on FB.

"A few months ago i did the ancestry DNA test and learned of my heritage which traces back to Scandinavia. I thought it would be appropriate to include something that reaches back to that era on the rawhide backing of my self-made hunting bow. The ancient language i chose is Elder Futhark and translates to "power of my ancestors bestowed upon me". The wolf icon is dedicated to the spirit of the hunt. and the "helm of terror" diagram represents the violent history of the bow and arrow. From a hunting perspective the symbols also act as natural camouflage, breaking up the silhouette of the bow. With only 2 weeks left before deer season im confident that this predator is ready for the pursuit. Thanks to John Riggs, Weylin Olive, and Wylden Freeborne for providing inspiration and direction with the translation."
    Attached Files

Nice bow and congrats on the kills. Good hunting the rest of the season.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome bow and story!! Keep us in the loop on the up coming hunt...

Comment

Too cool for words. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good lookin' stick, and good luck this season!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No way! That's too cool. Lovin' the scenery as well

Comment

That is one nice looking bow , don't know what it says but looks good .

Comment

Great looking bow, with a reverent nod to heritage, in a spectacular setting! Congrats on past kills; good luck going forward.

Comment

If it worked on the kills it's a good one ! Congrats. Arvin

Comment

Man I sure do like that bow!

Richard.

Comment

Pretty dang awesome lookin bow and country side. I really like the rune camo. Sounds like you are ready spiritually and mentally....and physically with some kickass tools.

Let us know how the hunt goes.

Comment

Good looking bow a lot of talent their. I like the country side also. Good luck.

Comment

Awesome background story, and a really cool way to tie into hunting.

Comment

Power of the wolf must not be underestimated.... really cool bow and great story keep it up.

Comment

Great looking bow

Comment

Working...
                              X