Traditional FSC 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC 31

Ok everyone, I am out of town this week on vacation but I should be back in town early enough to shoot this weeks on next Saturday.
    Here's the shot. Place an egg about 1' in front of your target so that it lines up with your bulls eye. Place the egg so that it's laying and not standing (smaller target) and the smaller end is facing you. The shot is from 23 yrds ( 8 for kids ) from any position.
    If multiple people break it on the first shot the closest to center of their bulls eye will be the winner.
    If you don't hit it on the first shot keep shooting until you do. Second place goes to whoever breaks it with the least amount of shots.
    Second place prize is you get to brag about being the first loser !
    ( don't worry, the egg will wash off rather easily)
    Go get em guys!!

In other words, an omelet shot -- gotta break some eggs, as a group. Fun!

Gotta make some kind of "yoke" to hold the egg.

Comment

This'll be fun!! I'll shoot it tomorrow.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I like eggs. I like fried eggs. I like scrambled eggs. I like eggs poached, hard boiled and deviled.
          I like eggs.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I like eggs. I like fried eggs. I like scrambled eggs. I like eggs poached, hard boiled and deviled.
            I like eggs.

I'll take one scrambled ifn ya don't mind!!

Comment

I love eggs. They don't love me.

I developed an allergy to them a few years ago.
              One of the weirdest things I've ever experienced.

Occasionally I can eat them, and get away with it, but usually they make me puke my guts up.

I have ZERO problem with shooting one though.

Rick
              Last edited by RickBarbee; 07-31-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                If you don't hit it on the first shot keep shooting until you do.
                That egg could be still sitting there at the end of the week laughing at me.

Comment

My wife was just telling me how cheap eggs are these days. Apparently a couple years ago, they got up to as high as $3 or more a carton??? Anywho, 18 eggs for $0.90 means this shot would only cost me 5 cents.

Oh and Rick, use an plastic easter egg. I have my wife save them after the hunts and I'll shoot at them in the grass for practice. Always reminds me of shooting at the field mouse when I first started... that field mouse ALMOST was my first trad kill

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Oh and Rick, use an plastic easter egg. I have my wife save them after the hunts and I'll shoot at them in the grass for practice. Always reminds me of shooting at the field mouse when I first started... that field mouse ALMOST was my first trad kill
                    I have a few plastic eggs laying around, but that would spoil the fun of the SPLAT.

I'm not allergic to touching them. Just eating them.
                    Been told that lots of eggs now days have a real high sulfur content in them, and that I am probably allergic to the sulfur. I have no idea though. Sometimes I can eat them, and I'm fine. Other times I won't get two or three bite swallowed before I start uncontrollably gagging.

Rick

Comment

Rick, My wife also has reactions to eating eggs. She gets really nauseous at times. Other times she's fine. Our home "grown" eggs don't affect her as much. And she is also allergic to sulfur . We never thought of this connection. Thanks for mentioning this!!!

Scott, I like shooting small targets, that way when I miss it's still usually a pretty good shot!!!

Comment

Rick have you tried free range or organic eggs?

Comment

Rick, My wife also has reactions to eating eggs. She gets really nauseous at times. Other times she's fine. Our home "grown" eggs don't affect her as much. And she is also allergic to sulfur . We never thought of this connection. Thanks for mentioning this!!!

Scott, I like shooting small targets, that way when I miss it's still usually a pretty good shot!!!
                          Yep, shooting at the plastic eggs at 15 yards is fun... and humbling. I normally don't participate in these, but 23 yards is the max I can do in my backyard... and it just sounds like to much fun to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I decided to practice a day or two at that range so that it would take fewer arrows to maybe scare the egg. First shot dots the target bull. Chaps my hide. So I shoot a few more shots at that range and . . .

If I would be took the time to set it up all I could have hit was horse stall mat.[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Rick have you tried free range or organic eggs?

Yep, and it definitely is better.

Sound like she is like me. I don't get an upset stomach per say. I just have an overwhelming nauseousness accompanied by an uncontrollable gagging reflex. Once I let it all out I am fine.

Just about anything with egg in it can hit me. I've even had bad reactions to the meringue on lemon & chocolate meringue pie. Two of my all time favorites, but had to give them up, or go eat them in private where I don't gross folks out if the reaction hits me.

It's torture I tell ya. I watch others enjoying eggs, and it makes me want them so bad I can hardly stand it.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X