Feeder Lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Lid

I have a 55 gallon feeder that’s seen better days. But I’ve done some repairs and it’s just about ready to go, but the lid was missing when I recovered it and I figured I’d find a lid online easy.
    The diameter of my feeder is 22 inches, the feeder lids I find online that’ll fit are $30. I’m a cheapskate and would really like to find an alternative, considering this feeder cost me ~$10 to get it ready this far by scavenging and piecing together as it was dumped on our lease by prior hunters years ago. What do you guys do for feeder lids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Academy has lids for $19.99 that will fit it,

God Bless
    Bish

Comment

I guess I am gonna have to spend money on this thing. I was trying be extremely cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve used a water heater drain pan before that I had found. It was square, but the deer didn’t care. Put a big rock on top for weight and was good to go.

Comment

Two things not to be cheap on with a feeder....

The timer .....

The lid.....

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
            I’ve used a water heater drain pan before that I had found. It was square, but the deer didn’t care. Put a big rock on top for weight and was good to go.
            Yes you can do this find a 24” plastic pan they are pretty cheap ! But will only last a year are two with the sun eating at it are can get a metal pan for a little more it will last a little longer

Comment

A 3x3 piece of metal roofing and big rocks
              I had a leaky lid I covered this way for years. Never came off

Several big rocks!

Comment

Mineral tub lid

Comment

In a pinch I’ve used a used water heater pan and a big rock. New pans are more money than a lid so you’d have to find a used one someone threw out, possibly find one at the dump.

Comment

Working...
                  X