2 firsts over the Thanksgiving holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 firsts over the Thanksgiving holidays

My oldest grandson got his first bow kill and I got my first deer bow kill after hunting with a bow for 10 years!! Thanksgiving evening I shot a 2 year old 3 point. We hunt in Eastland Co. and with the antler restrictions this guy met the criteria to go. Spike on one side with a small fork on the other. His hocks were dark brown and he actually came into a buck decoy I was using. Got within 10 feet of it and started stomping his foot and lowering his head like he thought he was tough or something. Well, a Rage through the cage at 20 yards did the trick. I had taken 2 turkeys with a bow and 1 hog, but I had never felt validated as a bow hunter until I finally took a deer.

The next evening, Clay had a mess of pigs come into his feeder right about dark. His first shot with his Martin bow missed the mark but hit the feeder leg!! Scared the pigs off for a minute, but came right back. He calmed down and picked out a big one and let the 75 grain Muzzy do it's job. Pork down and his first bow kill. Lot's of high fiveing and grins around the lease that weekend. I think he's hooked on bow hunting now.
    Attached Files

What a way to make memories. Congrats!

Comment

Way to go, congrats!

Comment

Well done. Hunting with ole grandad is always the best. Gratz on the first buck.

Comment

Thanks guys. Always enjoy the positive comments from green screen group.

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

nice job!

Comment

congrats

Comment

very nice, congrats to you both

Comment

Great job and great memories!

Comment