Greg Abbout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Abbout

Following last week's deadly shooting at a high school near Houston that left 10 people dead, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that he could support some gun control measures.

A swing....and a miss!

Greg Abbout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the miss?

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
        What's the miss?
        That's what I was wondering. I'm sure most gun owners will agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          That's what I was wondering. I'm sure most gun owners will agree with him.
          Because it's just window dressing. You want the government setting regulations on how to store your weapons? Faster reporting?.....parkland shooter had 39 red flags....it had been reported for months, but everyone failed.
          Last edited by Traildust; 05-24-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I would rather have Greg Abbott running this show than student protesters. If anyone is going to lookout for our 2nd amendment rights and Texan's rights, it would be Mr Abbott.

Comment

Gonna be incredibly interesting watching this play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Because it's just window dressing. You want the government setting regulations on how to store your weapons? Faster reporting?.....parkland shoot had 39 red flags....it had been reported for months, but everyone failed.
                Hammer meets head of nail.

I've not heard anything about the Santa Fe shooter having any mental health problems. Background checks wouldn't have done anything here either. The dad bought the guns, not the kid. Locking your guns up negates the point of having them for self defense purposes as any intruder will not be letting you call a time out to get your weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                  I would rather have Greg Abbott running this show than student protesters. If anyone is going to lookout for our 2nd amendment rights and Texan's rights, it would be Mr Abbott.
                  He's still a politician bro.....don't trust him any father than you can throw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Gonna be incredibly interesting watching this play out.
                    Yep....lots of attention on this issue. Now is when our politicians are most vulnerable to selling us out.

Comment

How about we do nothing and rely on .......hope

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        How about we do nothing and rely on .......hope
                        Throw that in with the measures he's talking about....same outcome.

Comment

Simple question how are they going to enforce a law regarding proper storage or locking of guns? I can see this in and of itself as opening Pandoras Box. Will LE conduct surprise home searches etc...?

Comment

Following up on Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s suggestion of hardening security at Texas schools, Texas Monthly’s R.G. Ratcliffe does the math: “The price of walk-through metal detectors range, in general, from about $3,500 to $5,000 each. There are more than 9,100 public school and charter school campuses in Texas. If metal detectors cost $4,000 each, then the total price tag for equipping the state school buildings would run about $36.4 million.”

These are some interesting figures (for about half of a HS football stadium, we can get metal detectors). I can also see how it could create bottle necks that would make it easier for a shooter to just attack from the outside. A stop and frisk could be a lot cheaper than detectors and probably just as big of a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              Following up on Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s suggestion of hardening security at Texas schools, Texas Monthly’s R.G. Ratcliffe does the math: “The price of walk-through metal detectors range, in general, from about $3,500 to $5,000 each. There are more than 9,100 public school and charter school campuses in Texas. If metal detectors cost $4,000 each, then the total price tag for equipping the state school buildings would run about $36.4 million.”

These are some interesting figures (for about half of a HS football stadium, we can get metal detectors). I can also see how it could create bottle necks that would make it easier for a shooter to just attack from the outside. A stop and frisk could be a lot cheaper than detectors and probably just as big of a deterrent.
                              Thats chump change. 28 million folks is Texas. Couple bucks each

Comment

Working...
                              X