Comment

Hatchet is very good
        Also look at My Side of the Mountain.

Comment

The entire Little House series by Laura Ingles Wilder

Comment

Ball Four
            -Jim Bouton

For mature audiences only, but cool reading about MLB that I read twice as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Hank the cowdog series is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My daughter loved this series. I even kind of liked them. come to think of it, one of them was probably the last book I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Big Red by Jim Kjelgard.

There are more sequels as well.

Wow that brings back some memories. I read everything Jim Kjelgard I could get my hands on. Easiest A I every got was 4th grade English when we had to do book reports.

The Wahoo Bobcat and The Phantom Deer by Joseph Wharton Lippincott were favorites of mine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  It was 1 big book, that contained most of Jack Londons stories. Never got old.
                  I had that one too. I don't think I ever made it all the way through.

Loved the Jim Kjelgaard books. Not sure if I read them all, but I did read a lot of them. Lion Hound was my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Poky Little Puppy has my vote, too.

Comment

Where The Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller, Savage Sam are 3 I can remember...

Comment

Maneaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett

Comment

I have a son turning 3 in a couple of weeks and my wife was a kindergarten teacher and now works for scholastic books.... she loves kids books to say the least. We have read to him literally since the day he was born. We try to do 3 books every night before bedtime- he loves books and stories and has a vivid imagination. He is also way ahead of a lot of other kids his age and I totally attribute some of it to the reading every day- the rest of it is due to my wife playing tons of educational games with him and always being a teacher.... lol.

Scholastic puts out lists of the most popular books from all ages. Build into the routine now and it will always be a part of it.

Here’s a few I can think of that I’ve read since day one that he loves. I’ve probably read each of the at least 400 times....

Goodnight moon
                          Pete the cat
                          The little Dump Truck
                          Barnyard Dance

Comment

The Black Panther of Sivanipali (msp). I must have read that book 50 times between 9-16 years old.
                            Galloway by Louis Lamour.

Comment

There was also a book by Jack O'Connor. It had a bunch of stories from Outdoor Life, I think. Loved reading about his sheep hunts

Comment

The ‘Blaze’ series by C.W. Anderson, and later, The Black Stallion series

Comment

Working...
                                X