3d YET

Is it 3d season yet!!

Yes, it opened on Oct 3rd...

Example target.
    Attached Files

Comment

I know right! Let's skip over this hunting stuff and get down to business

Comment

Betcha didn't know it but the 2016 TXASAFederation schedule has been posted!! So now you can at least plan your summer of shooting!!!

Comment

thanks glen

Comment

My 9yr old son is just getting into 3D through 4-H. I'm excited that it appears the 4-H shoots appear to allow parents to shoot with their kids, so I am kind of getting into 3D myself. We're also going to be getting started with SYWAT and Scholastic 3D through the 4-H club. Is the ASA Federation deal yet another organization or is that the same as one of these others? Do they have a "just here for fun and to do better than the previous time but will probably make a complete fool of himself" class, or is ASA Federation only serious competition?

I'd like to enter alongside my son for all these different events so we can have fun together, but I don't want to get in front of a crowd and sail an arrow into a porta-potty because I misjudged the distance. Know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              My 9yr old son is just getting into 3D through 4-H. I'm excited that it appears the 4-H shoots appear to allow parents to shoot with their kids, so I am kind of getting into 3D myself. We're also going to be getting started with SYWAT and Scholastic 3D through the 4-H club. Is the ASA Federation deal yet another organization or is that the same as one of these others? Do they have a "just here for fun and to do better than the previous time but will probably make a complete fool of himself" class, or is ASA Federation only serious competition?

I'd like to enter alongside my son for all these different events so we can have fun together, but I don't want to get in front of a crowd and sail an arrow into a porta-potty because I misjudged the distance. Know what I mean?
              ASA is a separate organization from the others you mentioned.

The Texas ASA Federation will host 24 state level ASA events in 2016 all around the state of Texas culminating with the state championship in Eastland, Texas.

The ASA national Pro/Am tour will host six national Pro/Am around the country with one here in Paris, Texas on March 31 thru April 3.

You may shoot for fun at our state level ASA events and you may shoot with your son. We have many classes (38) including S3DA (Scholastic 3D) classes. ASA is a partner and sponsor of S3DA. ASA has created classes that match S3DA classes so S3DA kids can compete at ASA events. Come out and shoot with us !!!!

Comment

Glenn Parker Stick Bow Round Up at Camp TaKuLa in Chester TX is May 14-15, 2016

Comment

@txpitdog

ASA is setting the gold standard here in the area. Come out and participate in one of their events and you'll see how Mike & Tracy are helping Texas lead the country in attendance. Plenty of new shooters and places for everyone. No need to feel intimidated or worried about skill level. Just talk to Mike or any of the event staff when you arrive and they'll be sure to get you started off right!

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum View Post
                    @txpitdog

ASA is setting the gold standard here in the area. Come out and participate in one of their events and you'll see how Mike & Tracy are helping Texas lead the country in attendance. Plenty of new shooters and places for everyone. No need to feel intimidated or worried about skill level. Just talk to Mike or any of the event staff when you arrive and they'll be sure to get you started off right!

Thanks! My son and I are really looking forward to getting into it, and in another year my younger son will be participating too.

Comment

Working...
                    X