Ready to chunk directv, looking at other options, school me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to chunk directv, looking at other options, school me please

ive had dish and now direct. tired of paying for 250 channels and only having 10 channels worth a flip to watch. im looking to have local news, hunting channels, sports channels, foxnews and the wife channels (oln, lifetime, etc) WITHOUT paying for all the junk that less than 1% of the people in this country watch. Does such an option even exist?

For what you requested, look at Sling TV. Add Nextflix or Hulu and you're set. If you have Amazon Prime, they have a lot of programing as well.

I have everything you mentioned on Sling for $42 / month.

Comment

I went Sling last year and got a $40 HD antenna that I installed in the attic. Haven’t had any problems with finding stuff to watch or missing out on any sports. Sling also has on demand

Comment

We have GoogleTV, Netflix, Hulu and an antenna. It is cheap and we don't miss anything we would have ever watched. Amazing how good Netflix programs are and how much we just don't turn on the TV anymore.

Comment

I run Sling, Netflix, Prime, and HD antenna for sports. Haven’t wanted for anything since switching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know if you can buy the UFC pay per views on Sling?

Comment

The only thing I miss from cable is the Discovery network. Can't seem to find a streaming service with the big D. They must be anti-streaming.

Comment

Get an Amazon fire stick and get Play Sation Vue. Has local channels and several sports channels for $40 a month

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                  Anybody know if you can buy the UFC pay per views on Sling?

I remember when I used to go to blockbuster and rent the UFC VHS tapes. I also remember when I got the fights on PPV. To me the UFC Is garbage now. Connor ruined the UFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just added xfinity cable to my internet package. They have an option to not have cable boxes and stream it through Roku. It’s the only way I’ve found to be able to stream the Astros games in the Houston market.

Comment

Roku with Amazon and Netflix and Hulu
                      Got tired of paying stupid dish bills

Comment

For the people that have xfinity, how do y’all like it? Looking to ditch directv.

Comment

I called Directv a few weeks ago and complained about my bill going up. I had called last December and asked for their loyalty promotion discount. I have been with them since 2000.

I was told my bill would be $32.99 for 12 months. I received one bill for 32.99 in January. Since then it has just been going up every month. May's bill was $62.00.

When I called a few weeks ago I threatened to disconnect my service. I just received my June bill. It was $21.53. The rep. told me I would need to call back every 6 months to continue to receive the loyalty discount.

Comment

My direct bill was $10 last month. I called and raised some hell and that’s my bill for the next 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                              For the people that have xfinity, how do y’all like it? Looking to ditch directv.
                              We ditched xfinity to go to direct tv.....guess the grass is always greener on the other side...

Comment

Working...
                              X