Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            You may need to try some bigger flies.
            Yeah, I know. I just enjoy the 4/5wt so much. For the bigger flies it seems I need 7wt/8wt... and on a lazy day, I just don't feel like working out that much I save the bigger flies for the surf! (also, most of the ponds I go to don't really have a lot of big bass!)

Comment

I owned and used a fly rod back in the late 90's on the lake behind my grandparents house. Really enjoyed that. The rod and reel and all my gear are long gone but there's a nice little stocked pond near the house now...... hmmm..... do I really need another "stick-n-string" addiction in the house?

Richard.

Comment

Why yes, yes you do. You may want to get into fly tying as well.

Comment

Fly fishing small ponds with a fly rod are a great summertime evening pursuit.

Comment

Good pattern

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I fished it with purple and chartreuse eyes with a white underbody, I also like the combination of a light brown belly with a olive head and wing, its a large profile fly that throws really easy on smaller weight rods, but I tie this in a size 2 or 2/0 and it throws real nice on a glass 6wt rod, I tie it in a 4 and throw it on a 4wt. It will max out your rod with the fore mentioned sizes. When I really want to have fun I’ll chum the water with minnow spray when I remember and you can catch a 4 or 5 lb bass on a 6 or 5 weight.

Comment

Here is yesterdays trips with the olive and brown variation, I have a red head version that catches spotted gar they are like river tarpon, my video got corrupted though.

Comment

I concur with the above statements. Pond hopping in the summer with fly gear cannot be beat.. Almost.
                          The grass carp there was an accident. Was catching some bluegill on first emergent when the fight started.
                          The Bluecat are fun on a fly and have found that they will go to small nymph's. # 10's

Learning to tie small flies and making "micro poppers" has great rewards on small water holes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            I concur with the above statements. Pond hopping in the summer with fly gear cannot be beat.. Almost.
                            The grass carp there was an accident. Was catching some bluegill on first emergent when the fight started.
                            The Bluecat are fun on a fly and have found that they will go to small nymph's. # 10's

Learning to tie small flies and making "micro poppers" has great rewards on small water holes.
                            Post some pics of your micropoppers? the smallest I have gone is gurglers on a #10 or a #12. The lady bugs on #14 or #12s don't actually pop much, but they do the trick when they float back to the top after a short strip.

and awesome carp! I want one... and I have also caught a tilapia and a catfish on accident... although now I don't consider them accidents... if you fish long enough, you'll trick something other than your target sunfish/bass

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Post some pics of your micropoppers? the smallest I have gone is gurglers on a #10 or a #12. The lady bugs on #14 or #12s don't actually pop much, but they do the trick when they float back to the top after a short strip.

and awesome carp! I want one... and I have also caught a tilapia and a catfish on accident... although now I don't consider them accidents... if you fish long enough, you'll trick something other than your target sunfish/bass

They sell micro poppers at bass pro you can paint them and put them on the hook yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                                They sell micro poppers at bass pro you can paint them and put them on the hook yourself.

Yeah, I actually bought some... but wanted to see his...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X