Seeking dove recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking dove recipes

1) breast with jap (or bell pepper), sweet onion, wrapped in bacon- melted cheese on top.

2) dove sautéed with onion, bell pepper, garlic- brown mushroom gravy over toasted Italian bread.

Anything with the hearts- considering skewered or dumping in with the #2 above?

I did go to Coach's wife's page mywildkitchen. So,e good stuff there.

Comment

Hank Shaw has a bunch:

Hank Shaw's collection of dove recipes and recipes for pigeons and squab, from dove poppers to grilled doves and a whole lot more.

Comment

My favorite dove recipes are Cordoba pasta (TBHr Low Fence recipe), enchiladas, and kabobs.

Comment

the cordoba recipe is a hit at my house. we also like them fried like backstrap, hearts included. run the breast thru a tenderizer although not necessary, then chicken fry. my oldest daughter normally wipes out the hearts before plates are even made. I will also cook them down in a gravy, then pour the gravy/dove mix in with boudain (without the casing) and bake for about 25 mins. almost like a jumbalaya. and then the dove poppers as usual.

Comment

Try them in the " killer fajita " recipe, oh man is it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              My favorite dove recipes are Cordoba pasta (TBHr Low Fence recipe), enchiladas, and kabobs.

I second the kabobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use mine to make gumbo.... The bacon jalp thing is over-rated in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                  Man, I'm digging his version of the dove popper. Gonna have to try that one.

For anyone unfamiliar with Hank Shaw, he is legit and a popular wild game chef. I have his books Buck, Buck, Moose and Duck, Duck, Goose. They are both full of excellent recipes.

Comment

L

Comment

Love the doves, but tried a new method a few days ago that is outstanding. Familiar with Sous Vide? Sounds high class(French, "under vacuum"), but I have had great success with everything from backstraps to lesser venison cuts, wild pig ribs, ducks, turkey legs, you name it. If unfamiliar or without the equipment, check out the Field and Stream article link where all you need is an ice chest, ziplock and thermometer.

I did the dove fillets for 5 min at 140 degrees with a little Dale's in the bag. They came out rare and hit the cast iron skillet for about 30-45 sec on each side for a sear. Perfect med rare, virtually zero moisture loss.

-Hank

Comment

I've fried the breasts in a mixture of ground toasted pine nuts and flour (with spices), then pour some lemon/butter/tabasco on top. Omnomnom. Serve with sweet potato fries.

Comment

Working...
                        X