new to video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to video

I got two hunts on video this past weekend (missed doe and awesome Grit texas javi that did a 360 in the air and ran into the side of my pop up).I'm using a tri-pod it can be noisey at times.What do ya'll recomened I have one of the better ones form Walmart.I'm going to get the TBHer DVD also.I dont have the cable yet for my computer so I can down load my video.Can ya'll help a TBHer Bro. out.

Many times it's the head, rather than the tripod, that is noisy. A good video head is almost a must-have, and preferably a fluid video head. The Bogen 3130 is a good one, but there may be some other alternatives from other makers that might be more economical. I use a Bogen tripod/head combination.

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael did you get the head from B&H?

Comment

It is the head of the tri-pod Michael thanks

Comment

Yes, B&H is where I buy most of my equipment.

Will your tripod allow you to change heads? Check the stud size, if so. You may require an adapter if it's not 3/8"

Michael
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael found one for 79$ 3130 is this a good price.

Comment

Been awhile since I looked, but that sounds reasonable. Is that at BH?

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

That's about the going rate Will....however I would recommend the 3030. It's a 3way pan and tilt fluid head.

Comment

Also, are you sure it will fit your tripod? I'd hate for you to purchase the head and it not work. Of course, you could still use it on whatever tree mounted arm you use, or will use.

Michael
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebowman View Post
                    That's about the going rate Will....however I would recommend the 3030. It's a 3way pan and tilt fluid head.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
                    3 way - yes, fluid - no. The 3030 is not a fluid head, though it is relatively smooth.

I actually have both, and they serve different purposes. If I'm using a mount that I'm not able to level, then the three way is the way to go. However, most of my mounts (screw in tree arm, tripod or Gametamers style gun rest attachment) have some leveling capability, so I can use the two way, fluid head (3130) in most situations.

Michael
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for the help I'm going to get the hole set up. My tri-pod does not not look like it will work(if I could see one in my hands I would know ) Thanks Michael and Jason.

Comment

Working...
                      X