Picking up Cottonseed in Bulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up Cottonseed in Bulk

Can anyone tell me how these gins usually load bulk cottonseed? I was told if I walk up with super sacks I will probably have to fill myself. I need to figure out where I want to get it picked up at and how to haul it from point A to point B. Point B being near Del Rio. Will a cargo trailer do?

With us in Deep South Texas they put it in our trailer with a very big front loader. It usually 2 tons a scoop.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most sell them all ready bagged up in 1000 lb super sacks. At least Hazendorf in Edroy does.

Comment

Trailer with sides, get a couple snow shovelsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24600502

Comment

Need to find this in Bastrop

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
              Trailer with sides, get a couple snow shovels[ATTACH]982245[/ATTACH]

I’m assuming you put a tarp over it and cinched it down?

Comment

I haul mine in a dump trailer with tarp. It would be a pain in the rear in super sacks

Comment

Originally posted by RanchFrag View Post
                  I’m assuming you put a tarp over it and cinched it down?
                  Correct

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    I haul mine in a dump trailer with tarp. It would be a pain in the rear in super sacks
                    We do the super sacks, really not that difficult..

Comment

18 wheeler load with a push wall inside to unload. We built a 3 sided plywood bin dumped the cottonseed and tarped it. Yes its a lot, about 42K lbs. We bought it in late January and it will last us into early September. Its our third year now and has made a huge difference in getting the bucks back earlier post rut and provided a base line for nutrition. Our location is the western hill country so moisture is iffy at times..... And yes I also provide protein....

Comment

My deer wont touch it until summer or at least that is what has happened in previous years. I have had it out for a while and nothing has touched it much.

Comment

Always thought about doing cottonseed, how much is it per ton?

Comment

It depends on time of year and availability. I really couldn't tell you what it costs. I would just look up gins and call around. I see you hunt in Cristoval and I've heard there is an outfit in el dorado that supplies bulk.
                            Last edited by RanchFrag; 05-29-2020, 05:06 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by MNK View Post
                              Always thought about doing cottonseed, how much is it per ton?
                              You have a gin about 20 miles from where you hunt, the gin being the Wall gin. I get my cottonseed from the gin in Wall and pay between $215 and $250 per ton. The longer you wait, the more it costs, until you reach a point when they don’t have anymore to sell as they contract out most of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X