A/T Tires for Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/T Tires for Trucks

In need of a new set of tires for my truck and can’t decide which route to take.

Currently I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2s and got 85k miles out of them. Rotated and balanced every 5k. Do I a) buy the same kind/size at $1400 a set and hope to get the same kind of miles or do I b) go with a slightly smaller BFG at $1000 a set and get a slight bump in fuel mileage but possibly a lower lifespan??

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
    In need of a new set of tires for my truck and can’t decide which route to take.

Currently I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2s and got 85k miles out of them. Rotated and balanced every 5k. Do I a) buy the same kind/size at $1400 a set and hope to get the same kind of miles or do I b) go with a slightly smaller BFG at $1000 a set and get a slight bump in fuel mileage but possibly a lower lifespan??
    85K!? Did you run them until the steel belt was showing?!

If I got 85K out of a AT and didnt have any issues with them, I would buy again.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

If I got 85K out of a AT and didnt have any issues with them, I would buy again.
        I bought a set of Toyo AT Open Country and drove them for over 70,000 miles. When I had them taken off for a new set the guy at the shop said there was still enough tread left he put them on his ranch suburban.

I rotate every other oil change or so.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

They’ve treated me good and still have some tread left... might even make it to 90k
          Attached Files

Comment

Like the old saying goes; If it ain't broke, just do it.

Comment

Bobby jo if you're trying to decide between the nittos and the bfg, I'd stick with the nittos. The BGFs don't last that long in my experience.

Comment

Out of those 2 choices I’d throw another set of Nittos on. That being said check out the Yokohama Geolander. Regularly get 70k miles out of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stick with the nittos

Comment

Yeah no way I would change that up if I got 85k out of a set of at tires.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a little biased on tires I guess you could say. I work for cooper tire and rubber company and cure a couple thousand tires a day in molds. With that said, for an all terrain I like the at3 line of tires. If you are looking for something insanely tough with really thick sidewall the st maxx is a good one. That’s if your looking for other options

Comment

I rolled 75k on my last pair of BFG KO2's

Was itching to try something else but was side swiped by someone and the insurance company offered to replace the tires with the exact same ones so I bought 2 more and stuck with them. Hopefully get another 75-80k from them.

Comment

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            Bobby jo if you're trying to decide between the nittos and the bfg, I'd stick with the nittos. The BGFs don't last that long in my experience.
                            What do you run them on? In my experience with 7 sets so far they do awesome on lighter trucks, and horrible on heavier trucks. My half tons I can get 80K out of them every time. My 2500s/350 they wouldn’t make it to 40k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              Nitto Ridge Grapplers
                              That was my 3rd option. They seem more aggressive than the Terra Grapplers so I’m curious if I’ll get worse gas mileage or a rougher ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X