Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart: Annual Truckload Deer Corn Event!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart: Annual Truckload Deer Corn Event!!!!

I was driving by Walmart yesterday and saw this big banner out front advertising this annual event! I thought heck yeah, I'm about to score on some cheap corn! I was ready to head home and get my trailer to stock up. After all it is an event, and it only happens once a year! I quickly pulled in, parked, and went inside to see how many pallets of corn they had left. It's an hour or so round trip to my house and back and I didn't want to miss out on the deal. I walked in and sure enough there was rows of pallets full of deer corn. And then I saw another sign

Really? $7.46 is an annual event? Oh well, as usual when I go to Walmart, I still spent over $100 and didn't even buy what I went there for in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
      Not much of a deal!
      But it's deer corn. Coons and other varmints won't touch it.

Comment

I'd rather sit indian style on an ant bed than go to Walmart. I do have to go sometime though.

Comment

For 40 lb bags at that! LoL

I wonder if they'll price match what I'm getting it for at my local feed store for $6.50 for 50 lb bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
            I'd rather sit indian style on an ant bed than go to Walmart. I do have to go sometime though.
            X2

Our office manager came to me once with a check to sign to get some supplies from Wal Mart....I refused to sign it and told her to go somewhere else, even if it cost more.

Comment

Yeah. And at $7.46 a bag, you still probably have to stick it in a rickety shopping cart yourself, then go load it yourself. Not to mention, you get to wait in a line full of folks who think lawn and garden is the appropriate place to ring up their carts full of groceries....(Oh, and gotta have one cart for their EBT stuff, and another for their "cash" stuff...)

Comment

They do price match. Heard that Buccees had 50# for $5.99

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I was driving by Walmart yesterday and saw this big banner out front advertising this annual event! I thought heck yeah, I'm about to score on some cheap corn! I was ready to head home and get my trailer to stock up. After all it is an event, and it only happens once a year! I quickly pulled in, parked, and went inside to see how many pallets of corn they had left. It's an hour or so round trip to my house and back and I didn't want to miss out on the deal. I walked in and sure enough there was rows of pallets full of deer corn. And then I saw another sign

Really? $7.46 is an annual event? Oh well, as usual when I go to Walmart, I still spent over $100 and didn't even buy what I went there for in the first place.

The big question is....did you "biatch" at the greeter for asking to show your receipt? [emoji23]

Comment

I saw a post with Buccees at 5.99 for 50 lb bags. I stopped a month or so ago and paid 6.50 I think. And my normal place hasn't been over $7 for over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                      I saw a post with Buccees at 5.99 for 50 lb bags. I stopped a month or so ago and paid 6.50 I think. And my normal place hasn't been over $7 for over a year.
                      I bought 50 lb sacks at Bucees in Wharton last weekend for $4.98 a bag and if you buy the whole pallet they will load it for you with a forklift.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        The big question is....did you "biatch" at the greeter for asking to show your receipt? [emoji23]

when they ask to see my receipt I just politely tell them no, "this is my receipt, go get your own!"

Comment

I don't care to go to Wal Mart, ever. PIA

Comment

I'm sure they will sell every bag of corn they have. There's always enough folks willing to buy it. What's sad is right across the street is a McCoys lumber that's sells 50# bags for $5.99

Comment

That's bummer....did you at least have a chance to gut a deer in the parking lot?

Comment

Working...
                              X