Directional road feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directional road feeder?

I'm looking for a directional road feeder but can't find anything. Does anyone know of one? I could build one but I'm not sure how to wire up a timed spin feeder motor to a toggle switch.

What direction are you looking to throw? I would call any road feeder I have seen 'directional' as they have all been designed to throw straight back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      What direction are you looking to throw? I would call any road feeder I have seen 'directional' as they have all been designed to throw straight back.

This. Most road feeders are designed to spread in a single general direction. Most feeders if not equipped to spread in one general direction can be easily modified to do so. Some small pieces of plastic or aluminum to cover/block the directions where you don't want the corn going is all it takes. Take away the motor's ability to spread in that direction and your problem is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        I've adjusted mine to throw forward.

Comment

I adjusted mine with changing my polarity and a soup can and some zip ties
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-24-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
            I'm looking for a directional road feeder but can't find anything. Does anyone know of one? I could build one but I'm not sure how to wire up a timed spin feeder motor to a toggle switch.
            You just forgo the timer. Wire the motor only to a toggle switch using a hardwire to your vehicle or a toggle switch hooked up to the cigarette plug.

West Texas Feeder supply is where I bought my road feeder unit. You can buy a handheld switch at the same time. Just bolt the unit to your road feeder box, plug the motor into the switch and the switch in the cigarette plug.

https://westtexasfeedersupply.com/pr...minator-plate/

Comment

Working...
            X