4 Lease openings Water Valley, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Lease openings Water Valley, TX

We just signed a new lease in Water Valley, Tx and are wanting to add 4 members to have a total of 8 hunters on a little over 7100 acres on what will be a long term lease. This will be our first year on the lease but have been in contact with both neighbors and they have taken some really nice deer (up to 175). Our expectations the first few years would be trophy deer being 140-160 but improving through management and feeding program. We are looking for hunters that can let deer mature to atleast 5.5 years and take the appropriate management deer, we will feed protein from January to August and lease members will split the cost of protein and corn. Most hunters on the lease are primarily bow hunters but may take a gun out every now and then. Family friendly and 1 guest allowed per visit. (They’re allowed to hunt off of your allotment) 1 trophy buck, a management deer, and doe to be determined by biologist. There may be a few axis as well.
    Each hunter will be required to bring atleast 1 stand, corn feeder, protein feeder and feed pen as there are some cows on the place. There will be atleast 15 stands and feed stations set up and each hunter will be allowed to hunt any stand on the ranch but will have to mark on the board prior to going out to hunt where they’re going.
    Water and electricity are available for rv/travel trailer hookup
    Lease cost is $6,750 plus feed. Pm me if you’re interested

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$7.60/ acre... dam good price. Wish I could.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        $7.60/ acre... dam good price. Wish I could.

Pretty sure $6750 is price per gun. If not, this place won’t last long at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
          It is. Price per acre will tell you more about a lease than price per gun.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            It is. Price per acre will tell you more about a lease than price per gun.

Well, you need to divide the acreage by the number of spots to get a real price/acre figure.

EDIT: I see you’ve already done that after some figuring of my own.
            Last edited by 2coolforschool; 01-15-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Well, you need to divide the acreage by the number of spots to get a real price/acre figure.
              And it is the same. He did it correctly. Please understand this.....

Comment

Lol...what are you talking about???

Each member is paying $7.60/acre for their spot. The entire lease price is still $7.60/acre. You can calculate it however you want, but it is still $7.60/acre.

Comment

I am familiar with the area and know where the land is. I will say this, you will def want to shoot more than 1 management buck and a lot of doe per member. You prob won’t be able to kill enough deer to keep the numbers in check with 8 hunters. 8 hunters is a good number to have a realistic chance at a trophy but an open guest policy for herd management is a must out there. A lot of mouths.

Good luck on your search!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I am familiar with the area and know where the land is. I will say this, you will def want to shoot more than 1 management buck and a lot of doe per member. You prob won’t be able to kill enough deer to keep the numbers in check with 8 hunters. 8 hunters is a good number to have a realistic chance at a trophy but an open guest policy for herd management is a must out there. A lot of mouths.

Good luck on your search!
                    I will agree with you on most everything you just mentioned. Let me back up and say our buck doe numbers will ultimately be determined by the biologist (should have the flyover results in a few days) but I could comfortably say without having to go back on my word that each member is allowed atleast 1 management buck with a very good chance that we will take more than that. Guest and family are allowed to harvest deer but the lease holder is responsible for making sure that it is an appropriate deer to harvest.

Comment

Where is Water Valley? Must be a extremely small town it won’t come up on my maps.

Comment

m

EDIT: I see you’ve already done that after some figuring of my own.
                        Your screen name makes all this funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          m

Your screen name makes all this funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                            Where is Water Valley? Must be a extremely small town it won’t come up on my maps.

In between Sterling City and San Angelo

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

Just north of San Angelo..

So only 24 deer total will be killed??

Comment

Working...
                              X